Bangkok Hotel Reccomendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Phil TK

Contributor
Reaction score
I'll be staying for a few nights in Bangkok next month en-route to Bali and wondered if anyone can reccomend a mid price hotel in the city where I can stay and confidently leave all my scuba gear without fear of it getting stolen.
I had stuff stolen from my room last year in Bangkok and would be grateful for the peace of mind that comes with a secure hotel.
Ta
Phil TK

We stayed last year in the Viengtai, in Banglamphu. Its a couple of roads back from the Khao San Road so a bit quieter but near enough to wander around there if you want to. The road its on has lots of little street cafes with good food. The Viengtai is mid-price range I think, in our rough guide it was listed as the top end of the budget range. It has a pool and the rooms are spacious. I'd stay there again happily. They have a good secure luggage lock-up room where they are happy to hold bags etc, we left our stuff there for 3 weeks with no problem. They run a book/voucher system and the keys are behind the reception counter which is always staffed. You can't take your bag without showing the voucher stub so its nice and secure!

It was a good place to stay and can get booked up so its worth booking in advance. Its also really near the A2 airport bus stop which is handy.

Hope this helps,

Phil TK:
I'll be staying for a few nights in Bangkok next month en-route to Bali and wondered if anyone can reccomend a mid price hotel in the city where I can stay and confidently leave all my scuba gear without fear of it getting stolen.
I had stuff stolen from my room last year in Bangkok and would be grateful for the peace of mind that comes with a secure hotel.
Ta
Phil TK

Phil TK:
Ta
Phil TK

Hi Phil

Would recommend Pra Athit Mansion on, suprise, Phra Athit Road in the old center. It has big aircon rooms with a fridge and clean bathrooms, think we paid TBH 1200 (USD 20) or something per night. Its in a nice area very close to the river ferry (in Bangkok, you don't need to take a cab, you take the ferry over the river to cross town - pretty cool and cheap). There is a little breakfast / cafe in front of the Mansion and some nice bars (of the very decent type - hip places) e.g. the Bali are near. The sights of Bangkok (Grand Palace etc) are all close by - we liked it. You can leave your gear with the management who will take care of it, no problem.

If you feel like splurging, you should consider the Metropolitan. We spent our last night there - really beautiful place with superb kingsize twin beds and luxury bathrooms - magical place.

Enjoy your holiday. If you don't have booked a flight yet, look at www.airasia.com They fly from BKK to KL and onward to Bali, should cost you know more than maybe USD 100 if book ahead - amazing.

Regards - Arjan

Thanks for the advice everyone -I'll be carrying a copy of these posts to BK with me
Phil TK

Phil, if you have the bucks, spring for a stay at the Oriental right on the Chao Phya river. They even have internet rates now. If you want something a little newer or need a helipad, go for the Peninsula.
Your gear will be safe at either place.

Oh heck - just shoot for the moon and stay at the Erawan.

Tom Smedley:
Oh heck - just shoot for the moon and stay at the Erawan.

Or the The Four Seasons next door. But seriously, these are pricey hotels. If you’re going to spend money and want your money’s worth, stay at the Oriental.

Is the Royal still there?

Vie:
Or the The Four Seasons next door. But seriously, these are pricey hotels. If you’re going to spend money and want your money’s worth, stay at the Oriental.

Back
Top Bottom