• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Banana drama

Discussion in 'Basic Scuba' started by mr bubbles, Jun 28, 2008.

1. seaducer

seaducer Solo Diver

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    I bet he has eaten at least one banana.

2. DandyDon

DandyDon Old men ought to be explorers ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    That would be fair - but too easy. Not nice to pick on morons, even those with friends in high places.

3. maged_mmh

maged_mmh Instructor, Scuba

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    thought the white house is only 2 storeys high:confused:
    never been to the states though:blinking:

4. letterboy

letterboy Trash leaves trash ScubaBoard Supporter

Oil tycoon's?

5. RadRob

RadRob Contributor

i go off on people when they leave hats on beds. bad, bad juju. wonder if it is worse on boats? I divorced my first, third, and fourth wives because they sat my hat on the bed. that caused the relationships bad luck. or maybe because i thought their beliefs were ignorant and refused to respect them.

i think the new scapegoat would be video games, rap music was so '90s.

as far as not respecting beliefs of someone when you think they are ridiculous, THAT'S the problem these days.

6. Sas

Sas Solo Diver

Umm as this is a text-based medium I cannot tell if you are for real or joking... I hope joking :wink:

7. DandyDon

DandyDon Old men ought to be explorers ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    Goes back before the Crusades, probly to the origin of civilization and has continued without interruption. That's exactly why I respect boat traditions, local culture traditions, religious traditions, etc so matter how silly I personally think they are - as long as they don't infringe on others. Forcing a banana overboard without drama is not a problem; certainly pales in comparisons to what successful religions have done when they invaded new lands.
    Real. It is bad luck to put a hat on a bed - known in many cultures where hats are everyday wear anyway, including Texas cowboys. Got 20 hats on the wall but never a one on the bed. :cowboy2:

8. Sas

Sas Solo Diver

I figured the superstition was real, just wasn't sure if he was serious about the divorcing! :)

9. 1_T_Submariner

1_T_Submariner ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

On the hat thing I was also taught nver put one on a table or counter.

10. Boxcar Overkill

Boxcar Overkill Contributor

Not all beliefs are worthy of respect. Some are worth of apathy, some are worthy of ridicule, some are worthy of disdain.

I disagree with the idea that the problem we have now are due to the lack of respecting others beliefs. Instead, I think the problem is too many people are willing to believe things that are really silly, and sometimes destructive.

Too many people are willing to turn off their rational thought and accept ideas that they should know have no basis in reality.

I don't apologize for promoting rationality over superstition.