Banana drama

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anyone know a good way to prevent Fruit Flies from ripe bananas? I mean a method they have actually used with success, not some cyber urban myth like dishsoap in water. I buy bananas twice a week trying to space out the ripening, and I like them at different stages for different purposes - but those little invaders can take over. Then they find my coffee grounds and I get overrun. Guess I need an airtight container for fruit and coffee headed for a compost pile.

No!!!! Don't put banana's in an airtight container. They go black fast.
No I meant for the leftovers, sorry. For now, I put them in the fridge when they reach the point that the little invaders start to appear. The skins turn black, but the fruit is still good for preparations. Just a little too ripe for snacking.

Have you tried hanging them? Not sure that will help but they are suppose to last longer.

Don you signature line is getting to long to display. The MY CO Tester line is cut off.

Well he might be right? Next to Potatoes more people who have serious accidents have used hangers within the last 24 hours making then twice as dangerous as those pesky Potatoes! Think of how much better my photos would be is all those live a boards didn't have hangers in all the rooms! Remember it is important to let these people wallow in there beliefs so always re-enforce and patronize them into a sense of well being! After all someone might have sneaked a banana, hanger, a woman, or even a mouse on board and he could die at anytime! :popcorn:

I put them in the fridge when they reach the point that the little invaders start to appear.
VERY VERY bad idea :no
Have you tried hanging them? Not sure that will help but they are suppose to last longer.
that is what we usually do (in Egypt) we never let bananas lay on a side for long time storage - try it, I'm sure you'll thank T1

Peel your banana and take a bite....

banana.jpg

Jesus never cursed bananas! There are no atheists on sinking ships and for those stranded a banana would look pretty good! So give me a banana, a woman, and a sturdy craft and I will take my chances, just like I do on the road everyday after eating potatoes! :popcorn:

PB, seriously, the period key is just below and left of the "L" key! Try it so you don't always sound like Moses coming down off the mountain! Every sentence is not that important or profound! And remember, a banana is just a banana! (or is it? :confused:)

pb, hypothetically speaking, supposing that the forbidden fruit was really a banana and as such you knew it's a sin to eat it. would you then change your tune about bananas and argue that they're not proper for consumption?

(please don't see this as an attack on your faith--i also have a strong faith in the late great j.c. as the savior, etc.--i am just curious, is all.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom