Balmorhea, anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Guba

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
A friend of mine and I will be headed to Balmorhea early on Saturday. We'll most likely dive Saturday and possibly on Sunday morning. Several SB'ers expressed an interest in meeting up out there, so let us know if you're interested. Sure, it's a gloridied swimming pool, but it's unique and I'M REALLY READY TO GET WET!
Hope to see y'all there!

Bill

You guys drive safe and have fun. It's too dang cold to care about getting wet...I cant think past blankets, books, and cups of hot tea this time of year.

You guys have fun! It was the best "glorified swimming pool" I have ever been in. Heres what awaiting.....

Attachments

• pic_13938_51918.jpg
    pic_13938_51918.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 66
  • pic_13938_51919.jpg
    pic_13938_51919.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 63
  • pic_13938_51920.jpg
    pic_13938_51920.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 63
  • pic_13938_51922.jpg
    pic_13938_51922.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 62
Where you guys headed from? If carpool is an option im in for diving and splitting gas.

Hey Bill,

Robert is bouncing up and down with anticipation over here. Wish I could join you guys, but someone has to mind the store. Ya'll have fun!

Man, we're gonna miss you! Hate it that we can't make this one all together. Say, what are you doing on Feb. 19 or 20? It'll still be cold, but I'm looking around to see what diving opportunities we can come up with (Comal...Aquarena...).
And if getting underwater doesn't work, here's an idea: how about a CDOT get together to go see "Sanctum" and maybe a meal afterwards? We could either meet up in Denton or I'll just drive all the way to your location.
It's an idea (IF you can wait that long to see Sanctum, that is! lol)

Hi, Paul
It was a great trip! Sure, it's a long drive, but the weather was terrific, though a bit cool when we got out of course. The wind was brisk, but the temps were good. We dove on Saturday and one was a night dive (my dive partner's first), and those are always fun. We dove again on Sunday before heading for home. I tested out a new UW camera on all three dives, and it seems to do a good job. Pix will get better as I learn to operate it better and make the right selections for the settings. Sure, there were some classes training (and that always does interesting things for the vis), but we had plenty of time in good, clear water. Ate some really good, authentic Mexican food (even the convenience stores out there have FRESH burritos and soft tacos on HAND ROLLED tortillas).
In all, it was a fantastic time. To my dive friend, Robert...you're a great dive buddy and traveler. We'll have to to it again!
Paul, sure hope you'll be able to make it next time, regardless of whether that's Balmorhea or another dive destination. Looking forward to it!

I'm glad it was a good trip, I would have loved to go but I couldn't get free that weekend but I am really looking forward to hookin up with yall soon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom