Bali

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Erwin,

I would to thank you for all your help regarding my trip to Bali. It was unfortunate that there was a mix up at the airport and I didn't get a chance to meet you in person.

I had a great time in Bali both UW and on land. The diving in Tulamben was incredible. We were greeted by the same stuff almost everyday. We saw

1) Yellow Pymgy Seahorse
2) Many different Crinoid shrimps, crab and squad Lobster.
3) More than 20 Ghost Pipefishes of a few different species
4) Mantis Shrimps and other incredible shrimps
5) Juvenile Frogfish and Leaffish
6) Schooling Barracuda
7) Various fishes at cleaning station
8) Schooling Bigeye Trevali
9) Octopus

I had some shots of the stuff on slides and in my PC. Unfortunately, I can't seem to be able to download it. : (

I dived with Baliscuba and Matahari (Tulamben). Kobang Oka from Matahari Tulamben was excellent, he showed me most of the rare critters at Mimpi house reef.

Baliscuba recommended me a fantastic hotel in Kuta (Grand Kumala), cheap, good and very near the beach. Bali is wonderful, you are so lucky to be staying there.

Again, thank you

Liang

I was quite busy those days, so I didn't have the opportunities to dive those days. Maybe later when you came back here, we have a chance to dive together.

Liang once bubbled...
Hi Erwin,

I would to thank you for all your help regarding my trip to Bali. It was unfortunate that there was a mix up at the airport and I didn't get a chance to meet you in person.

Again, thank you

Liang

Hi Liang,
Do you have the website address or contact information of Matahari Tulamben? I understand that they are a resort with a dive centre at Tulamben. Thanks for the information.

Hi Seamonster,

I don't have it right now, I will send it to you tomorrow. His rates is one of the lowest around in Tulamben. I didn't stay there with Matahari. I stayed in Mimpi Resort which is just next door. The accomodation in Matahari is so so but good enough. I will give you two contacts, Emiko's Paradise which is next to Matahari is quite good as well.

maybe you should email Oka. His website has been down for a while now.

Liang

Just got back from Gili islands, Lombok. Again I can claim that for the best dive Bali is the winner compared to Lombok. Especially in terms of coral reef .... actually I guess in the past Lombok could be one of the most beautiful dive sites in the world, however the practice of bombing ruin everything. All we can see nowadays only rubbles and dead corals. What a pity ....
However, Lombok still offer you with possibility of encountering tame turtles and school of reef shark. Unlike in Bali, all you see of a turtle is when they run from you, in Lombok we can make a picture of turtles have his breakfast from very close distance. They don't afraid of you. Also the shark is not uncommon there. I've seen more than 20 sharks either black or white tip shark, in one dive.

The Kuta bombing happened while we were enroute. Everyone in the south of Bali seems to be in a state of shock.

We are heading north to Menjangan tomorrow, hoping that once we are beneath the surface, we can put the rest out of our minds, if only for a little bit.

BTW, this was an horrific event, but the press isn't doing anyone any favors with the tone of their reports. Everyone is worried, but most people that I have talked to are trying their best to be rational.

I am devastated to find out what has happened in Bali, my beloved home for 3 years. It gives me the chills to think that I could still be living there and may even have been in the vicinity last Saturday night had I been there. I am so thankful that none of my friends and acquaintances were harmed in the bomb blast in Kuta.

To all of the Scubaboard members who live in Bali, or are travelling in Bali, I hope that you are ok and unharmed. May you all pull through this tragic event and eventually be able to move forward again.

Peace and love

I am both sad and very shock with the things happened in Legian, Kuta, Bali last 12 October. And I really hope they find the people who did this. I guess this will affect Bali’s tourism as well as global tourism. Hopefully everything will get well soon.

Just got a call from Cary Gordon on Sunday and he’s doing fine.

Thanks for all members who dropped a private message to me, I really appreciate that kind of attention.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom