Bali opening?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If we learn from recent history, it took India 2 months (from March 8 - May 8, 2021) going from baseline to the peak. Then another 2 months from the peak going down back to the baseline. Therefore it took India 4 months to flush out the Delta variant.

However, Indonesia is not India. Delta Plus and other variants may take part in this explosion of new cases in Indonesia. That could mean Bali won’t be ready to open until at least November (from my simple wishful thinking).

9B0C5FA6-5E3F-4B99-996F-9A7EAD1BDB2D.jpeg

If we learn from recent history, it took India 2 months (from March 8 - May 8, 2021) going from baseline to the peak. Then another 2 months from the peak going down back to the baseline. Therefore it took India 4 months to flush out the Delta variant.

However, Indonesia is not India. Delta Plus and other variants may take part in this explosion of new cases in Indonesia. That could mean Bali won’t be ready to open until at least November (from my simple wishful thinking).

View attachment 669483
Brazil shows almost the same picture, but the numbers hardly went down.

Indonesia is basically in crisis now so opening the country to tourists... maybe July 2022 if we are lucky.

Sorry to hear that!

Indonesia reported daily cases went up to 54k on 16 July, but it started to come down to 52k on 17 July, 34k on 19 Jul, 38k on 20 July. Hopefully it has reach the maximum and continues to go down.

Stay safe & follow the COVID-19 protocol!

I am praying for Indonesia.

Eid Mubarak.

This news doesn’t look good for Indonesia: https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/covid-resilience-ranking/

Indonesia is the worst in terms of Covid Resilience Ranking.
View attachment 673626
Thanks, first time I read about this ranking. It confirms all we already knew. I think that the percentage of people being fully vaccinated is actually lower than mentioned here. Testing is still extremely limited, often less than 200.000 people daily (population 275 million). We know more and more cases of people being positive tested and in the hospital, without any of their close contacts being tested. I wonder when the first publication will appear about the Indonesian Variant. Because I cannot think of any reason than that it is only a matter of time until this will happen.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom