Bali: How safe is this place?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cdiver2:
They are high in protean

They also sound like Rice Crispies!:D

Jcsgt:
They also sound like Rice Crispies!:D

ROFL I don't understand why people would get upset over something like that. In the army we would fight over the extras when something flew into the pot :D

OK, gotta put my two cents in here.... Bali is one of the most amazing places on the planet, but you must get out of Denpasar (and especially Kuta Beach). The Balinese are very kind, humble, and sweet people, and in my opinion one of the most warm and honest cultures in any of the so-called third world countries. The Balinese people and their culture is the exact reason why it has been such a great travel destination for decades. I particularly like Gianyar and Klungkung provinces, and the northeastern coast around Amed and Tulamben is great, if not quite as lush as the wetter central and western parts of the island. The diving on the island is not world-class but very enjoyable. However, combining that with the beauty of the island and its culture, plus the opportunity to embark on trips to Komodo, Wakatobi, or the Gili Islands makes it an ideal hub for the traveling diver.

If you choose not to go based on the stuff posted at that website, then it is definitely your loss, because I for one can't wait for my next opportunity to get back there.

What about Ubud, turbo?

MoonWrasse:
Monkeys are tastey, if prepared properly. BBQ is my favorite way :D
Marinate in plenty of Arak first....

Both you and the BBQ.... :wink:

Back
Top Bottom