Bali for a few days after Wakatobi

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

michelepederzolli

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
My Daughter & I are going on a dive trip to Wakatobi in May and we are spending 3 days in Bali after the diving. Any suggestions as to where to spend the 3 days
We will be taken back to Denpasar after the diving but I don't think we want to spend 3 days there.
Any suggestions would be appreciated...
Michele

Are you interested in more diving after Wakatobi, or seeing some of Bali?

If you want more diving at a nice and peaceful place then try Scuba Seraya .It is about a 2.5 hr.plus trip from Bali but the diving and the resort were excellent. If you want to do some touring then try Ubud and look into the Tegal Sari resort. It is a very small resort but the price is fantastic! Have fun!

I think we would like to see some of Bali, My daughter is only 23 so I think it has to be a little up beat.

---------- Post added November 25th, 2012 at 05:49 PM ----------

Thanks, I will look into Ubud, Is it on a beach?

---------- Post added November 25th, 2012 at 05:51 PM ----------

Thanks I will look into this, Is there some fun stuff to do there that you would recommend?

Ubud is fantastic, plenty to do with wildlife, landscape, culture and arts, great restaurants and plenty bars with live music. Recommend very highly the spa resort bebek tepi sawah, which comes attached to their famous restaurant. For the price, which isn't that much you get a villa in beautiful and tranquil surroundings!
If you want bars and clubs, or more upbeat, then stay in seminyak. Young and trendy scene and you can just hire a driver for like 30dollars approx to drive you around Bali to see the sites!

I think we would like to see some of Bali, My daughter is only 23 so I think it has to be a little up beat.

Thanks I will look into this, Is there some fun stuff to do there that you would recommend?

You're likely to get as many different opinions as asking "which regulator should I choose". . .

My $0.02:

+1 on Tegal Sari. I've stayed there 5 times now, excellent place I'd enthusiastically recommend to almost anyone (and stay there again).

Bad news about Tegal Sari, because they offer such a good value for the $ they are extremely popular. Reservations 6 months in advance is not too soon. . .

Also +1 on Ubud. Art, dance, and what remains of authentic Balinese culture. The mountain bike trips down Mt. Batur are very nice, and you get out into the countryside and away from the tourist traps to see real Balinese. There are dances in Ubud almost every night and some during the day.

The party part of Bali is an area called Kuta. You could not pay me to stay there, too many drunk Aussie's over on a cheap holiday, too much huckstering by the Balinese, too many people only interested in your wallet. If you've ever been to Oahu /Waikiki, amp it up 1000 times and you're about there.

100B1600.jpg
The picture is from the Northern part of the island, about once/year they hold water buffalo races. Quite the event . . .

If it were me, I'd not bother with bebek tepi sawah (Dirty Duck), they cater to large buses of visitors that come to eat their duck. There are better places for duck (IMHO of course) in Ubud.

Babi Guling (roast suckling pig) at a place called Ibu Oka is not to be missed. Once you get your head around eating pig in the world's largest Muslim country, its wonderfuld. (Bali is 99% Hindu) You'll see about 80% of the people eating there are Balinese

Sunset Ulluwatu cliff-side temple, watch the unforgettable Kecak fire dance as the sun goes down, then seafood dinner on Jimabaran beach. A great few hours, and the best thing is your tour guide will pick you up from your hotel at 4pm so you can do it after a day's diving at Nusa Penida hunting Manta. What better way to spend a day?

Ubud is up North and not close to the beach. We stayed in Sanur for some nice beach time. In Ubud we rode elephants in the jungle. It was AWESOME! They took you through these tiny little villages and all the people came out and waved like you were royalty !
At the end the elephants rode through water and played harmonicas. I am sorry but I can not remember the name of the tour company???? We also climbed a volcano.This was awesome! We started out at around 2 in the morning and we were at the top for the sunrise and breakfast! This was probably our favorite thing. We toured many temples and some of them felt like tourist traps where they were selling everything right on the "sacred" steps! Avoid these as there were many fees involved... parking fee, camera fee, guide fee, donation fee, entrance fee, sorong fee, etc etc. Beware of the monkey forest as they are VERY agressive and stole my water bottle. A friend of ours was attacked by one! Scary indeed! Have a great trip!

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom