Bali diveprices

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Everybody dives the wreck in Tulamben and will bring you three, there's no need for a fancy dive op, just a guide that will show you around.
Technically the closest op will be Puri Madha but Ocean View or Liberty are less than 100m walk to the wreck..

Thanks, I'm trying to find a diveguide who will take me in at around 11:00am or 5:00am on dual sidemounts. I may jump in with Puri Madha

You will need more guiding for the rest of the dives, otherwise you won't know what you'll be looking or searching for

Wait.....what AM i looking for?? :):):)

You will need more guiding for the rest of the dives, otherwise you won't know what you'll be looking or searching for.

Meaning you (and many others) feel it is better with a guide pointing things out?

Or meaning a guide is legally required and self discoverer wannabes are not permitted to dive (neither in buddy pairs nor as solo divers (with card)?

(I generally wonder about the same in the Philippines as well)

Nobody prevents anybody to rent a tank and go diving solo or with a buddy (without checking your C Card).

... but...

Tulamben area is a very long stretch of reefs or black sand shores, except for the most reknown spots there isn’t any signpost saying this is Gerombong or this is Kuanji.
Nor would you know that on Batu Niti you should walk 150m on the right side before reaching the interesting part.

So how would you know where to dive? People reducing the dive guide to pointing a stick at the critters don’t have a single idea of what Tulamben sites are.

This ain’t the Caribbeans !!!

Definately no need to prepay 30 dives X 40 $. You might pay close to that in Padang Bai or the Nusas
For Amed/Tula you found dive concepts who does 19$ x 7 dives.
Liberty does 25 or 30$ with nitrox included.
Juking, Bali Dive Quest, and Seahua ha ha all have prices around that of Dive concepts or cheaper.
enjoy.

Meaning you (and many others) feel it is better with a guide pointing things out?

Or meaning a guide is legally required and self discoverer wannabes are not permitted to dive (neither in buddy pairs nor as solo divers (with card)?

(I generally wonder about the same in the Philippines as well)
You can generally do what you want in the Philippines. I would not go without guides, since mine know where to find individual creatures that may be the size of your little fingernail, let alone dive SITES. But. It's up to you.

Just finished our last diving in padang bai, total 8 boat divings, with nitrox, privately guide by the most experienced dive guide in the padang bai, probably in Bali, among local - he is the legend - total cost approx. USD 236.
Before PB, we spent 4 nights in Tulamben, steps away from the wreck, total 21 shore dives, nitrox, private guide, total USD 661 including 4 nights accomodation, excluding transportation to dive sites melasti, bulakan, seraya, since we used our rental car.

I'm guessing that you're talking about Pak Made @ Widana Dive Service in Padangbai? If so, he's an absolute gentleman and legend!

Nobody prevents anybody to rent a tank and go diving solo or with a buddy (without checking your C Card).

... but...

Tulamben area is a very long stretch of reefs or black sand shores, except for the most reknown spots there isn’t any signpost saying this is Gerombong or this is Kuanji.
Nor would you know that on Batu Niti you should walk 150m on the right side before reaching the interesting part.

So how would you know where to dive? People reducing the dive guide to pointing a stick at the critters don’t have a single idea of what Tulamben sites are.

This ain’t the Caribbeans !!!

Hey @Luko , I appreciate your snippets of information across your posts regarding sites that are "secrets" or less well known, I will take note of them when I'm in Karangasem area and have a bit of time.

For someone like me who has plenty of free time to go back and forth to Bali regularly or stay there, it's challenging to find any operators that either know or willing to go to "unknown/less known" dive sites in Bali/Nusa Islands. Yes, I understand it's a dive business, but most of the excuses or reasons are tired and old, and if safety/bad sea conditions are given as a reason most of the time it's just plain laziness/uninterest. As it's just more simple for the operators to go to the same sites that the hundred other dive centres go to everyday.

Just finished our last diving in padang bai, total 8 boat divings, with nitrox, privately guide by the most experienced dive guide in the padang bai, probably in Bali, among local - he is the legend - total cost approx. USD 236.
Before PB, we spent 4 nights in Tulamben, steps away from the wreck, total 21 shore dives, nitrox, private guide, total USD 661 including 4 nights accomodation, excluding transportation to dive sites melasti, bulakan, seraya, since we used our rental car.
Could you share with who please?

I normally dive with Villa Alba, they are fairly close to Liberty and charge $30/dive with Nitrox. The owner did inform me last October though that their prices would increase slightly for 2023. Accommodation has increased from $25 to $30/night.

All of their dives are shore dives, some are easier than others, and some are generally quieter than others.

Melasti is usually busy, but easy entry/exit as also with Sidem

There are a few sites that are very bouldery entry/exits but they tend to be less busy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom