Bali diveprices

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Philippines sometimes.
I live in phils. Dauin. I diy with a scooter sidecar, and local guides that know the sites better than the back of thier hand....20-25$. Some of the best muck diving around.

Thanks all, looks like diveconcepts is the place. $20 for shorediving apparently. That’s more the price I’m looking for. I may swing by liberty for 48 hours to dive the wreck. Is liberty dive resort the closest to the wreck? I want the closest.

‘basically, for no kit rental and nitrox I’m used to paying $45 in Belize with a minimum number of dives over 2-3 weeks, and that’s all boatdiving..where they need.....a boat, a captain, fuel etc.

Bonaire I pay $6 a dive for nitrox with no gear rental.

so, kind of thought $1200 usd was steep for 30 ‘show up shore dives’
I would do some research on DC if your smart.....

I would do some research on DC if your smart.....
Here we go, lose a couple of divers and never hear the end of it lol

Seriously though, it could happen to anyone and they found them!
They were awesome when I dived with them, I have no hesitation recommending them.

Here we go, lose a couple of divers and never hear the end of it lol

They were awesome when I dived with them, I have no hesitation recommending them.
It is a lot more than that I'm afraid......

They don't have a good rep in the dive community, equipment is poorly maintained.
I am an avid diver, I bring my own gear. When your price includes rental gear and a diver brings his own and buys a ten dive package the norm is to give 10% off. Thier shop in Nusa Lembongan offered me thus, the one in tulamben refused. They offer it to dive professionals. But to me the avid diver thier answer was pretty much screw you. Different policy at two shops of the same company? Makes no sense nor is it fair. Ad they save ten dives worth of weAR on thier gear but won't compensate me for that at one of thier shops. So, they lost me as a customer, my 600 dollars I will spend on diving there and got a lot of bad press over it. Not a very good way to do business. Thank God they did, I doubt I would have had any satisfaction diving with them. Enjoy your diving!

In this case I don't think so, it was highly commented by the Bali dive community at the time..
Not anyone plans diving one of the most currenty spots like Mangroves/Blue Corner in the afternoon nearby full moon falling tide.
Not anyone schedules a junior DM who had her first drift dive guiding on this spot.
Not anyone does groups of 7 divers for 1 guide on this site.
A drama that could have been anticipated.

For someone like me who has plenty of free time to go back and forth to Bali regularly or stay there, it's challenging to find any operators that either know or willing to go to "unknown/less known" dive sites in Bali/Nusa Islands. Yes, I understand it's a dive business, but most of the excuses or reasons are tired and old, and if safety/bad sea conditions are given as a reason most of the time it's just plain laziness/uninterest. As it's just more simple for the operators to go to the same sites that the hundred other dive centres go to everyday.
Firstly, go for local dive centers ie. dive Tulamben using Tulamben dive centers and Tulamben dive guides, a big part of them is just like family where they pass the information on what's hot or what's down.
Probably it's not sufficient, there are cheapo dive ops in Tulamben that won't lead you to further away dive sites like Nusu, Batu Ringgit or Gerombong, because cutting petrol/car cost is also part of the reason why they cut their prices.
I can give names and operations I regularly see on these sites.

In this case I don't think so, it was highly commented by the Bali dive community at the time..
Not anyone plans diving one of the most currenty spots like Mangroves/Blue Corner in the afternoon nearby full moon falling tide.
Not anyone schedules a junior DM who had her first drift dive guiding on this spot.

Firstly, go for local dive centers ie. dive Tulamben using Tulamben dive centers and Tulamben dive guides, a big part of them is just like family where they pass the information on what's hot or what's down.
Probably it's not sufficient, there are cheapo dive ops in Tulamben that won't lead you to further away dive sites like Nusu, Batu Ringgit or Gerombong, because cutting petrol/car cost is also part of the reason why they cut their prices.
I can give names and operations I regularly see on these sites.
Please share anything you have that you have not with me already...those I have documented already, thanks!

Hi Luko, I'm aware of the said incident, although I'm not 100% sure, I think it was around 10 years ago.

I also think that you may have some of the facts mixed up with another incident at that same site Mangroves, where in 2014 a group of "7" Japanese divers including 2 instructors went missing for 3 days, and sadly 2 of the divers perished. Whereas other incident involved less divers & no injuries or illnesses. That being said, even the most experienced divers or high-end dive centre can suffer misfortunes.

I recently bought a a copy of the classic "Diving Bali" with Wally Siagan, and in there, there's another story of an incident at Blue Corner/Mangroves where a Japanese diver was seperated from his dive group and boat when he surfaced, and dive boat went back to Sanur for the night. The diver decided he wasn't going to wait around and swam all the way back to Sanur and made land the following morning and booked to dive again next day as soon as he reached his dive resort.

Also the harsh reality is, and I'm very certain of this, is many unreported incidents and some fatalities have occurred in Indonesia and Bali over the past few years, but never is everything ever mentioned here on Indonesian scubaboard or the operators involved, and understandably it wouldn't be fair to blame every incident on the dive operators.

I've been to sites in Komodo etc., where instructors have perished, but DSD is done there, which I don't see a problem if the operators know about site and conditions.

You'll be surprised that even in "western" countries, Australia, USA etc., how often incidents still occur where divers are separated from group and boat for hours, in shark infested waters until rescued

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom