Bali dive trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

adjuanb

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm planning a 3+ week dive (and sightseeing) trip to Bali this March. Below is my list of hotels, trying to get good value without going too cheap. Wife and I are 50's, diving for 20+ years and hundreds of dives. I'd appreciate any comments/alternates, especially on accommodations at TWD.

Amed - Puri Wiriata
Menjangan - Mimpi
Ubud - Champlung Sari
Tulamben - Tulamben Wreck Divers Resort

Thanks in advance, Ron

TWD - best value dive resort, good dive operation, most people happy - their villa is located remotely, not part of the main building, you've to discuss about accommodation (scooter?) if you choose this villa, Note = the are not exactly on beach, have to walk hundred meter, but don't worry, they will carry the tanks for you.

Mimpi Menjangan - nice beautiful resort, love the hot spring water - but I just read somewhere that not good idea to dip into hotwater after diving.

We loved LOVED LOVED the Mimpi at Mejangen. Great diving, goods food, lovely setting, and we really enjoyed the accommodations. Those natural hot spring pools were heavenly. We would love to go again.

Mimpi is quite nice. Tulamben Wreck is nice, but with few amenities of a resort, except for a nice pool. When I was there, it had no restaurant, and likely still doesn't. There are few within short walking distance, but nothing special, a great contrast to Mimpi, which is a much larger place.

I would have no hesitation to stay at Tulamben Wreck, though I prefer Scuba Seraya, just outside of "town".

Check out the Lotus Bungalows Resort in Candiasa. Loved it there..diving..resort.. people etc. Also, check out the Tegal Sari in Ubud. Loved it there. Great room overlooking the rice paddies for super cheap! It came with breakfast and they offer free shuttle service in nice cars into town. We got massages by the pool for $7/hr!
Have fun!!

Wisnu has good advice (as always!). We stayed at TWD at the villas in Dec.'09, really nice and a great price and view. Very quiet. A great breakfast (menu choices!) is included.
Villaviewsmcopy.jpg

Upstairs room view to beach from TWD villas
TulambenBalivillawpoolsmcopy.jpg

Looking back to rooms from pool
Tulambenviewsouth.jpg

View south towards Liberty Wreck from TWD villas
MtAgungfromvilla.jpg

View of Mt Agung from villa parking area

Now, Wisnu is still right ( ! ), the villas are a ways--about 3/4 mi. or so north from the dive shop. They will loan you a scooter n/c. I liked it, my wife on the back HATED it. We finally asked to borrow their vehicle and that was great but still, it got old after a week. (If you are only there a few days, no biggy.) Will be trying Liberty Dive Resort on our April trip back, heard good things about them also. Yipes, not till April. Oh well...You WILL have a great time on Bali. Great diving, wonderful people. // ww

I really loved Liberty Dive Resort at Tulamben. It is between the beach and the road. (TWD is above the road.) You walk 100 meters to the beach to dive the Liberty wreck or get taken on a scooter down the road to Seraya Secrets. They have a pool and the restaurant has excellent food. Breakfast is included in the room price. The staff, divemasters, and Wayan the owner are all very sweet. Rooms are new and nice. They had a legong and baris dance one night and set up candlelight dinner tables at the pool area. It was a lovely Bali touch to an already wonderful stay. Don't let the budget price scare you away.......it is a quality accommodation and dive operation.

Liberty Dive Resort - Home

There are other good reviews from SB members here on the board if you do a search.

If you aren't locked into Champlung Sari, I can recommend Greenfield Bungalows, Tegal Sari, and Alam Shanti, or Sri Bungalows. All are superb. Some are hard to get a reservation at because of their outstanding value.

Hi there,

You could also consider staying in Pemuteran rather than Menjangan, there are more options to choose from. I stayed at the Aneka Bagus hotel in Pemuteran before which I really liked, but there are many alternatives there. You can easily dive on Menjangan from there and Pemuteran itself has some nice dive spots as well.

I can also recommend doing a dive safari around the island. Rather than having to organise everything yourself you will tour around the island by car with a dive guide. We have done that ourselves a couple of times in the past and found it a great way to see the island. Many dive centers can organise a tailor made trip for you. But it depends on what you like of course.

Either way, have fun planning your trip!

Indeed, LDR is also another good choice. My daughter had her pool session there - we stayed at other resort. I didn't know at that time LDR is already in operation. Much closer to liberty than TWD - but still not on the beach.
I will give them a try on March or July this year.
ldr.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom