Bali bombings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
cdiver2:
Why not S/America?. Drug lords=money= illegal access to the US for arms & terrorists
Al-Qaeda cells exsist on every continent except south America, OK and Antartica. Thats what i was saying. I aslo said they have there own problems. These would be revolution, drugs, slavery and a whole list of things but not al-Queda. Not yet anyway.

Wildcard:
Al-Qaeda cells exsist on every continent except south America, OK and Antartica. Thats what i was saying. I aslo said they have there own problems. These would be revolution, drugs, slavery and a whole list of things but not al-Queda. Not yet anyway.

There will not be any terrorist activity there but you can bet your life there will be Al-Qaeda operatives there. Easy access in to the US, drug lords are not picky about where the money comes from.

Folks,

Some of the posts in this discussion have been edited or deleted by me.

Discussing the current dangers of diving in Bali, and the pro's and con's of going there or not is acceptable.

Discussing politics on this Board, no matter what your political leaning, is not allowed according to the TOS, which you should have read.

Incidentally, calling terrorists what they are does not come under the heading of political statement. I know of no political party that approves of murder.

Please PM me if you wish to discuss the above actions.

Rob Davie
Scuba Board Staff

Truly stunning posts there Pilot!!! I tell you, if these tuk-tuk drivers, tank porters, waiters, massage ladies, etc, don't band together soon and kick the terrorists out of Bali, no one should go there. You've hit the nail on the head. BTW, we should boycott New York too. Haven't they had a few terrorist attacks? When will those lazy New York taxi drivers get off their butts and do something? Don't forget southern Thailand. And the Philippines. And Israel? Why do people continue to go there when we can't get those settlers off their fat asses to take up arms in order to get rid of the bombers?

Does anyone know where the rolling eyes smilie is?

Facile statements that Muslim terrorists will bomb Coz if they cannot kill infidels in Bali are not particularly helpful.

The fact of the matter is that the Balinese have the extreme misfortune to be infidels surrounded by the most populous Muslim country in the world. They are infidels every bit as much as the Western tourists who visit. Because Indonesia's political system is so dysfunctional, and because the Javanese who run it have little desire to crack down on the co-religionist terrorists in their midst, Bali and all who travel there will continue to be under threat of violent attack.

And it isn't like it has just been the two bombings. They were the most high profile incidents, of course, but other sectarian violence has been occuring.

Frankly, I think it is a major, major mistake to travel anywhere in Indonesia at this time.

BTW, if you still want to punish the poor people of Bali because you think it's the government that is lazy, I guess that's your right. I was in Jakarta the other day though and to get into our hotel, you drive past police on every street corner, get the car searched for bombs on the road outside the hotel, have your baggage x-rayed and inspected by hand before entering and you walk through and metal detector and get frisked, if needed before you get to the lobby. Guests are also identified before they are allowed up to the rooms.

I just wish they would do something to stop the bombing. (has anyone found that rolling eyes smilie yet?)

cdiver2:
There will not be any terrorist activity there but you can bet your life there will be Al-Qaeda operatives there. Easy access in to the US, drug lords are not picky about where the money comes from.

Im trying to rember my source on this one. I have read over 10,000 pagesw on al_qaeda, the middle east and anyting arab. There are no know cells in South America. There have been no intercepts of electronic activity. There is no known activity there of any kind. It's just not a "al-qaeda friendly" area.

blueeyes_austin:
Facile statements that Muslim terrorists will bomb Coz if they cannot kill infidels in Bali are not particularly helpful.

The fact of the matter is that the Balinese have the extreme misfortune to be infidels surrounded by the most populous Muslim country in the world. They are infidels every bit as much as the Western tourists who visit. Because Indonesia's political system is so dysfunctional, and because the Javanese who run it have little desire to crack down on the co-religionist terrorists in their midst, Bali and all who travel there will continue to be under threat of violent attack.

And it isn't like it has just been the two bombings. They were the most high profile incidents, of course, but other sectarian violence has been occuring.

Frankly, I think it is a major, major mistake to travel anywhere in Indonesia at this time.

And what information are you privy too? besides what the government wants us to know.

Ummm, how about al Qaeda saying they will bomb Oz next? CNN last week I believe.

Pilot_Fish!

I don't think we should punish the residents or locals in Bali, if their government is not doing enough to protect innocent people (it's like punishing a child, if the parents refuse to work). I believe your government is definitely doing a great job on rooting out the terrorists, but I don't think, normal citizens are involved in that process!

Zippsy has a very good point there! :icon_roll (The icon, you're looking for).

As for me, I will continue to support the locals. I've already planned a trip to Bali again in November 2005 and I know the diving is definitely gonna be good! Anyone interested to join me?

Anyway, Happy Diving & Keep Those Bubbles Flowing!

Ed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom