Bali airport arrivals supposedly faster

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@chillyinCanada & @Searcaigh

Silk Air was SIA's regonal carrier (allowed SIA to fly smaller planes on regional routes without impacting there premier product that flies globally). SIA has been named the best airline in the world 5 times, including again in 2023. Separating the two allowed SIA to lay claim to a top quality product while also offering a regional (cheaper) option.

When low cost airlines started appearing in SE Asia, Singapore Airlines leadership predicted there would be no middle of the market, it was all going either full service or low fare/low service, hence the decision to eliminate the Silk Air brand - moving a few of the routes to full SIA livery & service, and the rest to the low cost affiliate, Scoot.

I too miss Silk Air 😢

I'm confused by the situation. Silk was owned by Singapore Air and was a nice little airline.

How does it get replaced by Scoot?
I agree SilkAir what a really good company with the most comfortable seats and leg space compared to other regional carriers.
That said their flight prices were twice or three times more than the lowcost competition even though they had favorite routes for divers (SIN-MDC, SIN-CEB, etc.). I remember in the late years I flew some SilkAir flights where the flights were half empty.
Like Cetacean wrote It was inevitable that SIA would review their marketing strategy with a lowcost carrier Scoot replacing a highend regional carrier SIlkAir (Likewise M'sia kind of abandoned their regional network to AirAsia even -though they are competitors-, since Firefly their lowcost subsidiary doesn't have a sufficient surface) .

Back
Top Bottom