Bali airport arrivals supposedly faster

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chillyinCanada

ScubaBoard Supporter
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Well after my last International arrival at DPS in October 2022 on an Emirates 777 when it took almost FOUR hours to get out of the airport I decided that I would fly via Singapore next time.

Wow

My two recent entries were ever so much faster than that. The one in May was really quick!

I all depends on the timing though Chilly. My previous trip in April last year was a domestic one from Manado and it was so nice not to queue up after picking up my bags.

My first trip in this year was January and that was domestic out of Jakarta.

The trip in May was flying in from Singapore. It was so smooth, so sweet. I can only hope it will always be like that from now on.

For some reason the Bali airport is so much more efficient after Bali reopened. They’ve also managed to push the annoying taxi mafia further away from the main exit after so many years.

In November we landed about lunchtime - very quick through the VISA/COVID etc. then a delay for baggage.

Bloody irrelevant as it was the second day of the G20 and all the roads were closed - 5 1/2 hours to Amed (asleep most of the time TBH!)

It does seem to depend when you land/number of flights.

Yup double confirm that immigration at entry is much better....was in Bali early June and we walked right up the VOA counter and then right up to the immigration counter. No waiting at all.
We were near the front of the plane...which always helps...but there were lots of counters open.

Leaving the immigration certainly took longer...but still nothing crazy...probably 25-35min.
What was crazy was the traffic!!! WOW!!! It took 90min to do the 18km from Canggu to the airport!! Average speed of 12km/hr!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom