Bali airport arrivals supposedly faster

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Canggu has completely lost its mind.
It really has!!! You have to find a place close to the beach then just stay put!

BUT I had the best lasagna I've had for a very long time at a little place up one of the streets, place called Arte.

BUT I had the best lasagna I've had for a very long time at a little place up one of the streets, place called Arte.
Seriously LASAGNE in Bali :rofl3:

It's the last type of food I'd be looking for in Indonesia.

However, when I was in Argentina in 2010, the best food we had was in an Italian restaurant.

However, when I was in Argentina in 2010, the best food we had was in an Italian restaurant.
Ha ha ha...I was as surprised as you are!

But after eating Mei Goreng for 10 days good Italian was very appealing! Also they did a good gluten and dairy free pizza (one of the kids has dietary requirements) which the kids loved!

Talking about good Italian food in strange places....there is an absolutely incredible little Italian place on Malapascua (Philippines)...think its called Angelina.

Well, that's amazing because I found the food in Argentina to be excellent. Of course, it helps when one loves beef and empanadas

Why are divers going to Canggu? Are you also surfers?

Ha ha ha...I was as surprised as you are!

But after eating Mei Goreng for 10 days good Italian was very appealing! Also they did a good gluten and dairy free pizza (one of the kids has dietary requirements) which the kids loved!

Talking about good Italian food in strange places....there is an absolutely incredible little Italian place on Malapascua (Philippines)...think its called Angelina.
I agree! I've been places for lengths of time that had me craving anything that reminded me of home. Oddly, a can of Spam filled the bill.

Why are divers going to Canggu? Are you also surfers?
We bought a villa in Canggu about seven years ago. It was the perfect quiet, funky, arty, sleepy area for us to enjoy during long school breaks (I teach high school) and maybe we could rent it every now and then. I do surf some but we mostly loved the overall vibe enough that I was happy to have to travel to Sanur or Padang Bai to get my dive fix.

Here we are seven years later and Canggu has exploded into the new Kuta. Investment-wise, we hit the jackpot, but I am very sad we have lost our perfect Bali house to what Canggu has become.

Wow what an amazing investment...
Heck...if you just hole -up in your villa and it's in walking distance to food and beach then you are set!

Talking about surf...I used to surf...just got lazy! But wow is Canggu crowded...anything that even resembled a wave had 35 heads bobbing around.

We bought a villa in Canggu about seven years ago. It was the perfect quiet, funky, arty, sleepy area for us to enjoy during long school breaks (I teach high school) and maybe we could rent it every now and then. I do surf some but we mostly loved the overall vibe enough that I was happy to have to travel to Sanur or Padang Bai to get my dive fix.

Here we are seven years later and Canggu has exploded into the new Kuta. Investment-wise, we hit the jackpot, but I am very sad we have lost our perfect Bali house to what Canggu has become.

What will you do? Are you going to stick it out or sell and try again elsewhere?

I was just in Bali (flight from Singapore) 2 weeks ago (Arenui trip from Bali to Komodo). The arrival processing time through immigration was still annoyingly long (3 planes landed around the same time). From my perspective, the process is not improved much at all.

By comparison, we landed in Jakarta (from Singapore) to catch a connection to Sorong about 10 days earlier. Jakarta was much more efficient in clearning people through (again, dealing with multiple planes arriving around the same time).

My observation was that Jakarta was much faster because they were clearning in mostly people on business trips - much less worried about visa issues, etc. From my casual observations they were clearing people through more than twice as fast (per person) in Jakarta vs. DPS.

It was such a marked difference for us that we'll consider rerouting through Jakarta vs. DPS or Manado as our first port of entry into Indonesia (looking to leverage this early next year to avoid flying Scoot from SG to Manado, instead, SG-Jakarta, then catching to flight to Manado a few hours later) <-- added benefit of arriving early AM in Manado, which means we can dive the afternoon of arrival at Lembeh.

Back
Top Bottom