Bag drag home, stay in Cancun?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It probably makes sense to buy the first chance you get. What if the guy by the bus is not there. Or the bus may leave but will wait if you buy a ticket in the terminal.

We will be doing the bag drag for the first time; usually fly into CZM. Our flight home departs CUN at 12:35. It seems best to travel to Cancun and stay there to catch our flight. Comments and hotel suggestions? Thank you!

I always get a later flight out. I've been on ADO when it was about 30 minutes late but we allow for that. I've also gotten to the Playa ferry dock early enough to catch the next ferry and there wasn't one. With your schedule I think I'd stay overnight near the airport.

It probably makes sense to buy the first chance you get. What if the guy by the bus is not there. Or the bus may leave but will wait if you buy a ticket in the terminal.

I think it's the other way around. The bus is more likely to leave if you are not physically there. I'd hate to spend a few minutes at the inside counter and make it to the stop just in time to see the bus leaving. On the other hand, if you make it to the stop before the bus leaves, my bet is they are going to wait if you are buying a ticket. In my experience, the "gal" is always there.

Thanks Ron. Question: Why not go to the first ADO booth that one passes? In other words is there an advantage to going to the one at the "D" concrete extension?

My first time getting the ADO from Terminal 3 we didn't know where to catch the bus so we bought our tickets at the stand inside and they wheeled our luggage to the bus. It cost me a tip.

The last two times I arrived at terminal 3 the inside booth was not staffed. Both times I went to the kiosk outside and the bus was pulling out while someone in front of me seemed to be taking forever to buy their tickets. I am always anxious to get to the island and need to learn to slow down. Both times I got on the same ferry I would have been if I had made the previous bus.

someone in front of me seemed to be taking forever to buy their tickets

It's been my experience that that is the rule. I always buy our tickets inside for just that reason. Our arrivals have always been between 10:30 am and 7:00 pm, and haven't seen the counter not staffed.

I think it's the other way around. The bus is more likely to leave if you are not physically there. ....
Ohh it can get worse than even that. 3 years ago I was standing on the correct bus curb at the playa station to go to downtown cancun and the bus driver went right thru the station, not 5 feet from me and never slowed down. The girls at the ticket counter saw the whole thing and were laughing when I went up to exchange my ticket. She said sometimes you have to block the bus to get him to stop if you are the only one there, lol. Still wasn't a problem the next bus came in 15 minutes and I was staying overnight to have fun in cancun and not in a hurry.

Can anyone confirm that there are bank (i.e. Santander) ATMs in both T3 and T4? I'll be needing some pesos to pay for the ADO bus and ferry prior to reaching Coz.

Can anyone confirm that there are bank (i.e. Santander) ATMs in both T3 and T4? I'll be needing some pesos to pay for the ADO bus and ferry prior to reaching Coz.

Yes in T3. As soon as you exit the doors from customs, go across the hall and to your right just a bit. It's in the hall leading to the restrooms. I believe that it's Santander. If not, it's Scotia.

Never been in T4.

You might consider a Mayair flight on your departure day. It will cost about the same amount as ferry+bus+ hotel and its a 15 min flight. I think first departure is 8 or 9 am which puts you in CUN in plenty of time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom