Bad (poor) trim on divers AND turtle? Thoughts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You ever dive the Flower Gardens???......It's 5 deep dives a day, square profiles......1st dive of the day is max 130', the other 4 are for max 100'----considering you're 125 miles from land & several hours from emergency help, I think this is pretty reasonable, don't you???......If not, what's your recommendations???....Thinking honestly about it, these 'stupid rules' have probably saved several lives & many hrs. in a chamber ride....On the other hand, maybe you enjoy enclosed, loney close quarters.......

EDIT: thought of 2 other of their 'stupid rules'......(1) 1st beer (drink) of the day ends your diving for the day and (2) if you run out of air, you've just made your last dive of the trip.....In all honesty, I would think it would be wise for you to find out 'ahead of time' all the stupid rules---althought they cover them in your 1+ hour 'predive talk' heading out the nite before, in 8 hours you can do alot of talkin' & coverin'........

I canÃÕ argue against ? other of their 'stupid rules' but I am still not sure about 100ft rule. Are there any data showing that 5 100 ft dives/day safer then 5 130ft (or 5 60 ft dives assuming you use all no-deco time on all dives). I suspect that you will get more total nitrogen on shallow, longer dives by the end of the day.

I canÃÕ argue against ? other of their 'stupid rules' but I am still not sure about 100ft rule. Are there any data showing that 5 100 ft dives/day safer then 5 130ft (or 5 60 ft dives assuming you use all no-deco time on all dives). I suspect that you will get more total nitrogen on shallow, longer dives by the end of the day.

It's the boat's rules not mine.....contact them @ www.gulf-diving.com & ask 'em..........lol, when you're in Rome, you----

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom