Bad Canadian Joke

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I only drink Warsteiner....well, that and the local brewery's products....

Let's not that the Germans are the only ones who have legally defined what BEER is. They did that about 350 years ago and they still rabidly ("ra-bid-ly", adj. to act in a manner similiar to otters at Blue Springs :wink: ) enforce that law. You won't find any of this flavored beer BS over in Germany. LOL (Well you can, they just legally can't call it beer :wink: )

Humuhumunukunukuapua'a:
Well, I'm sure Booger...doesn't know a damn thing about Canadian or American beer if he really thinks Canada makes better beer in 2005 than America does. I've tasted a lot of Canadian beer...nice crappy lagers y'all make up there. But the cool thing about our beer is that we make every style of beer imaginable, including crappy Canadian-style lagers, and we make em better.

I think it's sad that Booger defends a position he obviously knows so little about, and that he tries to attack me personally to do so. Name 10 even halfway decent Canadian beers and I'll name 20 American beers that are better.

Hell even Sam Adams or Sierra Nevada is better than Canadian beer, and they are at the bottom of a big pile of awesome beers made here. Y'all are talking like some fossils with this crappy American beer line. There are literally hundreds of world class breweries in America today.

I think it's kind of sad that Booger represents the fine country of Canada in this debate and looks like such a chump in doing so.
As someone that comes from Germany, I couldn't stop laughing after reading your post.
Way to go dude, living on a purple cloud or did you abuse your great beer so badly that you retained a brain damage?
The German Bierreinheitsgebot is oldest law in Germany and dates to 1492. Does the year say something to you? Yes, It's the year Colombus discovered America :D This law regulates the purity of beer and what is allowed to be in it.
What you call beer, would not be allowed to be sold as a real beer in some places in the world that really know what beer is :wink: With all the rice and corn, it has the composition of urine rather than real beer.
I'm sorry to blow your buble but the best beer in the world you'll find in Germany, Belgium and the Czech Republic. Trying to compare US beers to anything that comes from these countries shows of bad taste and possibly ignorance :wink:
Dude get real. While it is possible to find a good US beer, it will rather be the exception. In these countries the exception would be to find a crappy beer.
While Canadian beers are not up to par with some European beers, it is still miles ahead of the US beers.
Oh and BTW, enjoy this :D

Are we on beer again?

I'll continue to state this until you all come to your senses: only Belgians know how to brew beer. Most microbreweries in the US were started up using... Belgian manuals on how to brew beer.

As to the German law on beer (das Reinheitsgebot), that's actually true. Only now they are finally on their way to producing half decent beer, because they use Belgian hops. Now if they would only stop doing terrible things to those hops, the world would probably become a better place for beer drinkers.

And Mark: beer is actually a way of conserving bread :D

dudes, everybody knows no one makes beer as good as the Vikings, and them's
all extinct now, so we're out of luck

in fact, the Vikings made such great beer, that they ware all plastered all the time
and would dare each other to do stupid things like "hey, what if we row to England
and kick some Saxon butt just for kicks." before they knew it, they had an empire
on their hands and no time to drink beer...

and look where they are now... gone, like the dodo bird and the great white marmoset
(neither of which, btw, drank beer)

hey... here's a thought... NEVER IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD has a species
that drank beer gone extinct... name one! the thing speaks for itself.

Humuhumunukunukuapua'a:
Are you serious??? Get out of the 1970's. Since the microbrew revolution, America has one of the most diverse selections of world class beer to be found anywhere in the world. In my book, only Belgium still rivals the US for good beer.

Heck, there's a pub in almost every town in Northern California that pours world class beer.

I think at this point, we *school* Canada beerwise.

When was the last time you were in Canada having a cold Pilsner.
I'd rather pee in my drysuit than drink your American water you call beer

H2Andy:
dudes, everybody knows no one makes beer as good as the Vikings, and them's
all extinct now, so we're out of luck

in fact, the Vikings made such great beer, that they ware all plastered all the time
and would dare each other to do stupid things like "hey, what if we row to England
and kick some Saxon butt just for kicks." before they knew it, they had an empire
on their hands and no time to drink beer...

and look where they are now... gone, like the dodo bird and the great white marmoset
(neither of which, btw, drank beer)

hey... here's a thought... NEVER IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD has a species
that drank beer gone extinct... name one! the thing speaks for itself.

Andy,

I salute you...

Actually now, back to the joke thing. I meet a few canadians and I'm pretty sure all these so called "jokes" are true stories. Sorry.

On my last trip to Victoria, BC. I found they do have a few good brews though.

:eyebrow: Hey Mark ,Do you ever work or do you just play on the net and drink those awesome SOL all day. Can't wait to come back to Mexico

Back
Top Bottom