Bad Canadian Joke

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Canada....Hopelessly pedestrian.

Scuba_Jenny:
Life is too short to drink cheap beer.

Someone's a Warsteiner drinker!

Boogie711:
That is truly funny. Well - it's kind of sad, because I'm sure Humuna... believes it's true (snicker.)

Well, I'm sure Booger...doesn't know a damn thing about Canadian or American beer if he really thinks Canada makes better beer in 2005 than America does. I've tasted a lot of Canadian beer...nice crappy lagers y'all make up there. But the cool thing about our beer is that we make every style of beer imaginable, including crappy Canadian-style lagers, and we make em better.

I think it's sad that Booger defends a position he obviously knows so little about, and that he tries to attack me personally to do so. Name 10 even halfway decent Canadian beers and I'll name 20 American beers that are better.

Hell even Sam Adams or Sierra Nevada is better than Canadian beer, and they are at the bottom of a big pile of awesome beers made here. Y'all are talking like some fossils with this crappy American beer line. There are literally hundreds of world class breweries in America today.

I think it's kind of sad that Booger represents the fine country of Canada in this debate and looks like such a chump in doing so.

H - I'm not really sure where or how to respond to this one. I'll ignore the personal attacks on my name and on my spring straps in another thread and simply repeat what I've already said to you via PM - we're talking about beer on a Scubaboard. This is hardly life and death material. Furthermore, the sub-forum is "Humor." Obviously, my humor wasn't - and for that I've already apologized to you. I had no idea you were so passionate and serious about your beer. :06:

May I suggest you have one or two yourself?

maybe Mr. Picasso triggerfish (Since that is your real name!) had a bad experience in a brewery or something....

medic_diver45:
Someone's a Warsteiner drinker!
Long time ago. Didn't think anybody would pick that up!

Humuhumunukunukuapua'a:
I think it's kind of sad that Booger represents the fine country of Canada in this debate and looks like such a chump in doing so.

man, i don't think he's the one looking like a chump.

like he said, we're talking about beer...

let's all take a deep breath here (not if you're next to Boogie, though) and
stop and smell the barley

H2Andy:
i love the US, but hot darn, American beer sucks...

... though not as bad as English cigarettes... do they have to kill
all the taste??

What do you consider American Beer? Budweiser is actually a German(?) recipe brought over a long time ago. Iagree there is a lot of lousy beer made here (Bud, Miller, Schlitz, etc.) There are a lot of great American micro-brews from companies like Sierra Nevada, Mendocino Brewing co., etc. Personally I was a Guiness man when I used to drink. :wink:

well... you do have a point... since beer was first made about 5000 years ago,
we must trace exactly where "American beer" comes from:

-- The Chinese brewed beer called ‘Kui' some 5,000 years ago

-- Egypt, 5000 years ago

--Mesopotamia, 4,000 years ago

--Babylon, about 3000 years ago

And let's not forget Hitite, Medo-Persian, Phoenician, Greek, and Roman
influences.

So which beer is "American beer" really?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom