backup reg attachment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FIXXERVI6

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I broke my backup bungie tonight so I picked up one of these on my way home.http://www.diveriteexpress.com/regs/img/FXNLBL.jpg
I noticed the fit wasn't as tight on my reg as my home made version of th bungie, so I took a small black zip tie and tied it around one side of the reg opening to resctric the opening smaller and now it fits nice and tight, so it now fits tight and does not have a tie connection point of failure, where mine have always broke.

I haven't field tested the thing yet but I thought I woudl pass on about using a small zip tie to make it tighter on the reg.

They look good, please let us know how it works out.

Thalassamania:
They look good, please let us know how it works out.

Umm, it goes around your neck and holds a backup under your chin :)

J/k I know what you mean, but I couldn't resist.

Thank you Comrade Diver.

I use one of those Mantas,,,,have several dives with it now,,,I to would like it to fit a bit snugger....please zap a pix up of your alteration.....I have had it come unloose a few times only during out of water doffing of gear.....but it does have a few issues still that could be improved to match my zip-tie and surg. tube foolproof necklace.

Rick you need to be careful !! Now I know this may sound crazy but I see the kids wearing those same things in a smaller size as braclets these days along with all of the other colored O' ring type braclets they have on. Each type has a different meaning you know. I have yet to figure out what sexual extream that type is supposed to represent but maybe I really don't want to know.
It might be a good idea to learn so you can at least know which side your supposed to wear it on right ? :D

Timeliner:
Rick you need to be careful !! Now I know this may sound crazy but I see the kids wearing those same things in a smaller size as braclets these days along with all of the other colored O' ring type braclets they have on. Each type has a different meaning you know. I have yet to figure out what sexual extream that type is supposed to represent but maybe I really don't want to know.
It might be a good idea to learn so you can at least know which side your supposed to wear it on right ? :D

I've got the zip tie on the left side, I'm pretty sure thats correct.

Glad to hear it.
Thank God there are at least some real men left in the world ! :D

Take special note, left side zip tie.

Attachments

• IMG_1463.JPG
    IMG_1463.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_1465.JPG
    IMG_1465.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 43

Back
Top Bottom