Backplate/Wing Instruction

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks guys....AZ divers are awesome!

Watch the Lake Pleasent Conditions thread for when people are going to be out at the Lake. If I'am out there I always have an extra plate and harness. Be it a plastic backplate, but it still is available for anyone who wants to try. I know that I am going to try to get out there one weekend this month, probabley on a Sunday. Ocean Planet has Dive-Rite gear as well as Saguaro Dive Sports. Both shops are great and Ocean Planet has a social night every second Friday of the month. Its a great way to get to meet other divers in the valley.

No I don't work for either shop, and sock puppets are for kids.

If you can wait until the 18th, we'll be back in town and you can borrow my wifes small BP if you like, PM me if you want to work something out. It's a little close to the time you go, but let me know

Scuba Sciences is starting to rent BP and wings (2) but they won't be in until this Friday. They will be Halcyon. I had already sent Trianii a PM but thought I would post so the info could be public.

And like mentioned before, watch the board for those going to Lake Pleasant. I may be there this weekend, but it is tenative right now. IF I go I can also bring an extra one of mine for you to try.

Karen

Thanks so much...everyone's been so helpful. I hope I can figure something out with my crazy limits, and short time frame. Even if I can't take advantage, thank you all from the bottom of my :heart: !!!!!

Yes,

We have some Halcyon rental bcs coming. They should be here anyday.

We have been using the backplate/wing combination for many years now, but Halcyon and Deepoutdoors have many newer models that are very popular.

I thought Trix were for kids and sock puppets and South Park were for Adults!:wink:

Thanks Karen and Tina, I may take you guys up on the trial...I hope I can work something in, my trip is close:D but my schedule is also nuts :shakehead

Keep me posted on the status if you would! Thanks again, and thanks to everyone for their offers of help. I just gotta see what I can arrange!

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but since we're talking about BP/Wings... Does anyone know a good place where I can get a replacement inflator for my Halcyon wing? It has recently started to leak a little and it is a non-serviceable unit.

Trianii, if it weren't for the current problem, I would gladly let you borrow mine for a few days. I think you'll love it.

cjust:
I don't mean to hijack the thread, but since we're talking about BP/Wings... Does anyone know a good place where I can get a replacement inflator for my Halcyon wing? It has recently started to leak a little and it is a non-serviceable unit.

Trianii, if it weren't for the current problem, I would gladly let you borrow mine for a few days. I think you'll love it.

Simple. Call 800.574.6341 and tell 'em what you need and how you want it sent. (That's the # for Extreme Exposure in High Springs.)

Stephen Ash:
Simple. Call 800.574.6341 and tell 'em what you need and how you want it sent. (That's the # for Extreme Exposure in High Springs.)

Any particular reason you recommend them? I also should have been a little more clear in my original post. I'm not looking for one of the Halcyon stainless steel inflators. I just want one of the OEM plastic ones. I just don't know if I actually need to get the Halcyon OEM inflator or if I can go with another brand.

Back
Top Bottom