Backplate and Wing Questions.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eric, Tobin has a broader and more established sales channel. That's the only reason I suggest it.

DS

But most people to date have been using the Freedom Plate with the incredible OXYCHEQ Mach V, why change what is a superior combination.

N

Nemrod, not suggesting that people depart from Oxycheq. It's really more a comment about ensuring that Eric has adequate market penetration in order to keep his business afloat.

I'm buying one of the first models off the line, so believe me, I love the product. That said, I'm concerned about the long term viability.

DS

Oxycheq is the way to go, especially with the Mach V Extreme 30 lb. wing and one-piece Hog harness.

That is acutally what I am getting. Once I get done with little deployment I putting the order in. Thanks everyone for the help.

That is acutally what I am getting. Once I get done with little deployment I putting the order in. Thanks everyone for the help.

Good choice. The wing is incredible. I cannot believe how small it is. You will absolutely love it.

Nemrod, not suggesting that people depart from Oxycheq. It's really more a comment about ensuring that Eric has adequate market penetration in order to keep his business afloat.

I'm buying one of the first models off the line, so believe me, I love the product. That said, I'm concerned about the long term viability.

DS
I see where you're coming from now.
It just struck me as odd being that DSS and I could be considered competitors to some degree.
That would be like asking Scott Zeagle to sell those i3's with the elevator lever.

Actually, thinking about it, I don't even know if you could really consider anybody competition because my plate is so different and so unique to the market that it's not like I have just another jacket BC or another standard BP with maybe a few modifications, my product is unlike anything anybody else is doing.
Old school pack packs are the only thing you could compare it to except it has been totally redesigned and modernized from an idea that I feel was the best in history for dedicated single tank diving.

I wouldn't worry about me as far as getting the thing out to the divers. I have great plans in place.

But most people to date have been using the Freedom Plate with the incredible OXYCHEQ Mach V, why change what is a superior combination.

N
Actually, the original plates were designed around the older signature and razor donut wings.
Since Oxycheq switched to the Mach V as their new style I've had to redesign the plate to work with it. That's why there's been a lapse in plate production for the past several months.

The plate you have was a one-off special construction made to work with the first generation Mach V that didn't have slots.

Check your e-mail, I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

i can echo the praise of Tobin. He spoke with me on the phone for about 45 min (maybe longer?) until both he and I were satisfied that I was getting the right product for my type of diving. I got the SS backplate, hog harness, and torus 26 wing for like 500? with taxes and shipping? Pretty good for a system that will last me quite a while.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom