Back up your comp

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

midwestdvr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
This is not my week. My comp just died and wiped out everything. Thank God I backed up my UW pics. Unfortunately lost my topside pics but I did upload some of those on yahoo so can still get them developed. Nothing really too important so not too bummed. However, currently using a friends dial-up connection and its so sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow. Mike V, I feel your pain. Boy do I feel your pain. So folks, back up your comp now. End of public service announcement.

I backed up all my files last month and most of my pictures are safe. will make it a habbit to burn them once a month for posterity.

that's why i bought a 60gb external harddrive. pretty useful (for mp3s especially hehe) id die if these and my pictures are wiped out.

ishbaby:
that's why i bought a 60gb external harddrive. pretty useful (for mp3s especially hehe)

how much do those external drives go for?

Clgsamson:
Yup, I have my comp files and pics stowed in an Archos 20 gig hard drive. No worries, at least for now.

worth it?

It's a year old, bought it 7k. Im not sure about the 20gb. This is adviseable so you dont have to burn a lot of CDs.

I would suggest a DVD burner. You dont have to burn a lot of discs, and assume they have a longer life span.

Spoon:
worth it?
worth it? yes bro. You can directly upload and view your pix, listen to mp3 music and even upload DVD movies to watch during a long travel. Bought it stateside last year for 22k.

The new archos models are much beautiful and smaller with longer battery hours though.

clgsamson:
worth it? yes bro. You can directly upload and view your pix, listen to mp3 music and even upload DVD movies to watch during a long travel. Bought it stateside last year for 22k.

The new archos models are much beautiful and smaller with longer battery hours though.

damn those are expensive! im such a cheapskate with gear other than dive gear:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom