Back mount pony bottle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, 1 or 2 youtube monkies that don't like something. Let's go off of that rather than real use. They are not as smooth at delivering air than some top $$ regs, but mine breathes a whole lot better than a majority of sherwood 2nds I've had over the years. It doesn't fit into the DIR/GUE mantra that a small minority of you adhere to, but it does a great job of being a reg and inflator.

Maybe it can breathe OK but I certainly would not want to use it during an air share with a panicked diver where I had to control their buoyancy as well especially with drysuits or thick neoprene wetsuits involved .

Maybe it can breathe OK but I certainly would not want to use it during an air share with a panicked diver where I had to control their buoyancy as well especially with drysuits or thick neoprene wetsuits involved .
You're a GUE guy right? Ponies are doubles and helium past 100...

If you've set your rig correctly then it isn't a problem. What most people don't do when adding an air2 is lengthening the corrugated and inflation hose to properly reach their mouth without pulling. Butt dumps for your wing, left arm for your drysuit, their buoyancy is theirs to control unless incapacitated and then you go about it as you would if using a normal reg. Quit all your voodoo about something you haven't even attempted to set up or use correctly as it was intended.

Why specifically? You can dump air from the BC the same way you would with a standard inflator. At least I do. What is materially or significantly different?

You're a GUE guy right? Ponies are doubles and helium past 100...

If you've set your rig correctly then it isn't a problem. What most people don't do when adding an air2 is lengthening the corrugated and inflation hose to properly reach their mouth without pulling. Butt dumps for your wing, left arm for your drysuit, their buoyancy is theirs to control unless incapacitated and then you go about it as you would if using a normal reg. Quit all your voodoo about something you haven't even attempted to set up or use correctly as it was intended.
The last thing I am is a GUE guy, in fact with today's price of helium it is nice to get below 100 ft and get away from them. I am however a long hose primary donate guy and Air 2 doesn't play well with primary donate on the long hose. Most of my diving is in cold and really cold water and I have done a number of emergency air shares and a couple of panicked diver air shares where they try to drag to to the surface and the Air 2 is not for me. What you do is up to you. None of the air shares were from out of gas rather frozen regs or failed high pressure seats.

The last thing I am is a GUE guy, in fact with today's price of helium it is nice to get below 100 ft and get away from them. I am however a long hose primary donate guy and Air 2 doesn't play well with primary donate on the long hose. Most of my diving is in cold and really cold water and I have done a number of emergency air shares and a couple of panicked diver air shares where they try to drag to to the surface and the Air 2 is not for me. What you do is up to you. None of the air shares were from out of gas rather frozen regs or failed high pressure seats.
We dive similar waters but yours are a bit colder for sure. Only difference in long hose and a 40" is the routing. Same result for air sharing. I've done it while on a scooter and with my air2. Just something that needs to be practiced as with all other things we do.

why?

Watch the video and you will see. The necklaced secondary is put in place before the long hose so they do not interfere, try to do that with your inflator hose and still have full use of it.

Watch the video and you will see. The necklaced secondary is put in place before the long hose so they do not interfere, try to do that with your inflator hose and still have full use of it.
Removing 1 wrap before putting the reg in your mouth is too tasking?

Each setup has its advantages. Each has its limitations. For a solo rig an air2 is best imo. If you solo then it is beneficial to not change rigs between dive types. Muscle memory being what it is and all my rig doesn't change with exception of primary tank size.

Back
Top Bottom