Back in the ring for another swing...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dude I started again about 4 months ago after having given up for 2.5 years.
New Years eve was my last and I am now on day 6 of being smokefree again, and its a piece of piss. However the mind is trying to play tricks on me but it is definantly easier this time than last time.
Keep it up mate, dont let it win.

Frank; I too have laid them down on the first of the year. I have unsuccessfully tried several times before and I'm not to sure what makes me feel that this time I CAN do it but for 6 days now it hasn't been a problem. I just keep telling myself that this year I AM GOING TO BE A BETTER DIVER. I can already tell the difference in my breathing.

Your not alone Bro! We'll just take it one day at a time.

jafo123

Good for you guys... I have never smoked a cigarette in my life, so I really can't relate. My mom and two sisters did it incessantly which grossed me out as a kid and was probably my salvation.

Good luck and may God speed! It will make your diving SAFER as well.

Glad to hear that you are winning the battle. You will find so many benefits of quitting.
You will taste food again, breathe easier, smell better, your SAC rate will improve.

I am not sure if you are single or married but if the gal you are with is a nonsmoker I am sure she will appreciate your new taste and smell. :wink:

I agree, take your "smoke" money and spend it on diving. If you can't make Roatan in May with Dee. There is a group of us heading to Utila in April. :D

So here we are on day 5... How's it going?
Rick

Not so bad, Rick. I've had a couple of "slips," but what the hell... It tasted awful, so I picked myself up, dusted myself off, and I may have lost a couple of battles, but I'm winning the war. :) Food is starting to taste better, I'm sleeping more soundly, waking up feeling more rested, and I can smell things again. :)

Thanks for the invitation, Gis_Gal! :)

Fish_Whisperer:
I'm winning the war. :)
Good!
Just in case no one's mentioned these things...
Take lots of showers.
Drink lots of water.
Wash all your clothes. I mean empty the closets and drawers.
Wash all the drapes.
Deep clean any carpets.
If you smoked in your car, have it professionally detailed...
That kind of "getting nicotine out of your world" stuff...
Keep on truckin'
Rick

Good advice, Rick. I've never smoked indoors, and the Jeep gets rained in, spattered inside with mud, and hosed out regularly, so Mother Nature does most of my detailing. LOL

I've been washing clothes, hitting the shower, and guzzling water like it's going out of style. It's getting easier. :)

Frank,
Glad to hear it is getting easier and you are "enjoying" tastes and smells again.

I think if you expect the slip ups.. and continue to say what the hell and pick yourself up. In the end you will win the war. Who cares how you get there as long as in the end you achieve your goal.

Thanks for keeping us updated. Always easier if you have the support of friends.. or a bunch of crazy divers to encourage you.

Back
Top Bottom