Back in the ring for another swing...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, I don't smoke...but the extra large extra cream and sugar coffee's from Dunkin Donuts have not helped me ...so in your honor... I will give up that, and make my own, at home with skim milk and equal

Good luck Frank... one day at a time!!!!

best to both of you in your endeavors! frank, have you been planning this quit long?

Yes, BabyDuck. I should say that I made three earnest attempts at quitting in 2005. I've been sick of smoking for a while. I've also read Allen Carr's book, "The Only Way To Quit Smoking Permanently." Finally, it feels like all of the tumblers have aligned. I am so anxious to be free of this addiction. I can't offer any substantial reasons as to why I think that THIS time will be THE ONE, but each attempt has been part of the preparation. All I can say is, I'm ready! :)

Fish_Whisperer:
Yes, BabyDuck. I should say that I made three earnest attempts at quitting in 2005. I've been sick of smoking for a while. I've also read Allen Carr's book, "The Only Way To Quit Smoking Permanently." Finally, it feels like all of the tumblers have aligned. I am so anxious to be free of this addiction. I can't offer any substantial reasons as to why I think that THIS time will be THE ONE, but each attempt has been part of the preparation. All I can say is, I'm ready! :)
I quit six years ago on my youngest sons tenth birthday. He left a wallet sized picture of himself swinging his little league bat behind the plastic of my smokes. After having tried to quit many times previous, this time I WANTED to quit.........which is what it took. Sounds like you are on the right path! Good luck and take it one day at a time.
You'll feel like I did after I got my ow certification..................yahoo..I DID IT!
bob

Get ready - You are going to start tasting food again!

I have been chewing nicotine gum and sucking the lozenges since August, good luck to you

Go for it Frank and best of luck! :luxhello:

Fish_Whisperer:
Smoked my last cigarette a couple of hours ago.

"....and so it begins..."

(And hey, since misery loves company, anyone else want to join me in dropping these things?) :)
Already did - and, I FEEL YOUR PAIN :lightingz Misery does love company though doesn't it?
Start putting all the money you would spend on cigarettes in a jar or seperate bank account. Then buy yourself a fabulous dive trip to somewhere exotic. You'd be amazed what your cigatette money will buy.
I'm on my way to Roatan in May on mine. Hell, talk to Dee and see if there are any more open spots and come with us.
If I find out you've started up again this is what you'll get :bash: and I'm going to be checking up on ya

GOOD ON YA F/W

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom