Back from Japan and now in Ohio!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NigerHadiza

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello. I haven't been on this site for a while. Sorry about that everyone! I have been living and teaching in Japan these last two years and now I am back in Ohio. I love scuba diving in the ocean and now I am afraid that I will have to get used to murky and cold waters. I don't want to put up my wetsuit for the next few years before I can finally afford to have some vacation time and money to go to the Bahamas or somewhere like that.

I am currently living with my family in Meigs County (Southeastern Ohio). Is there a local dive club around here? Can someone help me find like minded people again???? :)

Anna-

Glad to see you survived your run in Japan. It's such a beautiful country. I just wish I had the opportunity to delve deeper in to the culture when I was there in the late 90's. Heavens, I'm getting old...!!:(

Get in touch with Circleville Quarries- I don't have numbers or a website. They may be the closest real dive site to you. I am over north of I 70 on the Indiana border and I go usually to Gilboa Quarry, but that would be one big drive for you!

Hello...

Try going to see Mike at SEAUDIVE.COM

He is located in Akron Ohio....not sure how close it is for you....but he is very reputable...

NR77

I live west of you but will dive with you give me a shout and there are a few of us getting together at Blue Springs on the 23 of this month you are welcome to join us!!!

NigerHadiza:
Hello. I haven't been on this site for a while. Sorry about that everyone! I have been living and teaching in Japan these last two years and now I am back in Ohio. I love scuba diving in the ocean and now I am afraid that I will have to get used to murky and cold waters. I don't want to put up my wetsuit for the next few years before I can finally afford to have some vacation time and money to go to the Bahamas or somewhere like that.

I am currently living with my family in Meigs County (Southeastern Ohio). Is there a local dive club around here? Can someone help me find like minded people again???? :)

Anna-

komi hunter:
I live west of you but will dive with you give me a shout and there are a few of us getting together at Blue Springs on the 23 of this month you are welcome to join us!!!

Where is Blue Springs at? is it in Ohio? I have never heard of that site....everything I see on the web under blue springs is in florida....

curious...

NR77

NightRaven77:
Where is Blue Springs at? is it in Ohio? I have never heard of that site....everything I see on the web under blue springs is in florida....

curious...

NR77

http://www.bluespringsscubadiving.net/welcome.lhtm

It doesn't work for me using my Mozilla/Firefox browser but it does work using Internet Explorer.

I'm going there this week- if I remember to :) I'll let you know what I think of the place.

Hi everyone and thank you for your kindness. I don't have a BCD, regs, etc. If I want to dive are there places to rent from near the quarries? I would like to buy this stuff eventually of course but since I don't have a job at this moment in time, it might be a while. Thanks again everyone! Would love to get wet sometime soon!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom