back from dahab - trip report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TEERLKAY:
It good to have that Canyon dive to look forward to....it will make for even a better dive!!
If you did not do a night dive at the bells/blue hole, you must add this dive to your next trip also. It's just amazing!!

I enjoyed your pictures...makes me miss Dahab all the more!!

i tried a night dive, my first one actually, at the beach just in front of this tota bar (the boat). vis was not very good because it had been a windy, WINDY, day and we had a lot of sand and stuff (don't know the english word, sorry...) hanging around.
i kept trying to avoid hitting the wall and this made me hit the DM who was my buddy for this dive.
i really want to try another night dive. i thought about night diving from a boat but the blue hole sounds good.

saw a scorpion fish on the night dive and little else...

glad you liked the pictures. i didn't have a lot of time, or will, to do more... i just kept thinking about the diving!

A night dive at the Bells and along the wall to the Blue Hole sounds fantastic, must make that a request on my next trip to Dahab. I have done the Canyon at night, which was pretty amazing as well, especially kneeling on the floor at 30m with the torches off, gazing up at all the flashlight fish, like star gazing under water...

Mikele, I don't think either of these sites would be the best places to go for a night dive if you're not really comfortable about it yet. Lighthouse reef is usually a good place to get some experience, and it's actually a very nice reef, despite being very busy. I'm surprised they didn't take you there instead of Mashraba (which is the one between Tota's and Club Red) in the conditions you describe.

I have done many night dives but I must say the night dive at bells/ blue hole is the best night dive I have ever done!!
The wall is lined with the glowing eyes of the fish, there are so many you don't even need a flash light. For as far as you can see forward, down, up..all you see is hundreds of glowing eyes. When you get to a overhang...you won't want to leave!!
The best part yet is when you surface and you look up into a star filled sky.....you just want to inflate your bc and lay back!!
I am surprised more people aren't doing the bells/blue hole for a night dive. Every time I have been there for a night dive I have been the only one. I was told the reason was most don't like to drive out there at night...and most people don't like to walk to the entrance or the entrance into the water at night. I'll admit it's a little suckie but I will never go to Dahab and miss a night dive at bells/blue hole.
I too have done a few night dives at the Canyon and it is amazing but the night dive at bells/blue hole will blow you away!!

please STOP!!!

i have to wait some months before i can go back there and you're making me day dream about it...
i have work to do and i keep dreaming about the night dives and all those sites. :wink:

it's decided. after completion of the AOW i was thinking about spending some more days there, enjoying my new certification on some deeper dives and now i have lots of dives i HAVE to do.
thanks

cancun mark:
Dude Im so jealous. I just love that place.

The bells makes my top 10 list of a lifetime of divesites. I did it head first and was amazed at the 35m window and stunned when we popped out the bottom at 55m. Then a truly phenomenal drift round to exit in the blue hole.
marc,
bells is probably the best entrance of any dive anywhere - if anyone knows a better one - I'd like to hear about it.

like stefo said though - bells ends at 30m - you just can't go any further - it spits you out on the wall. From there the bottoms the limit.

the canyon, if you enter at fishbowl and go down, you can pop out at 30 something meters thru a crack in the canyon or take it all the way down which spits you out at 55m.

both phenomenal dives!

cheers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom