Avoid Peace River Campground at ALL costs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think it's great that if you google "Peace River Camp Grounds" that this thread is on the very first page.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. I am planning on visiting FL and I also have some friends that are going and we will avoid this camping area. You have reached people in the California area. BAD business just once can be a killer especially in this economy when people want to spend thier money carefully.

PRCG is a unique place huh? Your status in the campground is directly related to size of your golf cart tires! We experienced similar service as described here. The canoe companies in the area offer overnight trips on the river- 'camp anywhere on the right'. Might be the best way to see Peace River.... Much better then the red hats policing dirt pits. I won't look for fossils in the river because I'm scared of gators! Ive seen divers in there, but not for me!

WoW I mean REALLY WoW!! -- I have been on calls of "removing guest" from campsites / motels / and hotels. They fall under the legal term of "Inn's" and can remove someone pretty much on a whim with no refund. Then if it was unjust you have to sue them in civil court of course adding on ALL SORTS of legal cost, your time, pain and suffering etc.

However when I go to those calls it is pretty much, Let me see your Occupational License if they are a hotel / motel / campground then it is "those the people over there?" Then I tell them they have to leave. I do not want to hear the story -- just start pack and I advise them to sue.

Arrested for defrauding an Inn Keeper?? That'll fly like a penguin.

They encroached heavily into areas of the law in which it could be argued they--- Falsley Imprisoned / held against someones' will. Stepping to someone in a manner which a reasonable person would find as a threat to harm is indeed an Assault.
As to the 20 mintues to pack up--- Obviously if you were packing up one toothpick out of a box of 5,000 every two minutes that would not be reasonable. Packing up at a reasonable pace there is not a thing even a SWORN DEPUTY can do about that.

It sounds like they are having problem campers at their site and have taken these tactics to deal with the rowdy , drunken ATV crowds I am sure they are catering to.

What they did not realize are that these SCUBABoard people are not those folks. We have gear which cost a minmum of $1,500 to start out. Spend tens of thousands taking trips to all corners of the globe diving and generally these are not the drunkard Ner'Do'wells they are accustom to dealing with. Reckless, Rude, and stupid scuba divers are generally not around long so there are very few of them. They die around the last week of July every year.

I am flabberghasted, appaulled, shocked, disqusted and down right disappointed in this.

I have been to at least 50 campsites and yes you can simply pull up and say, " I am visiting site 22 the Martins for a few hours" and they give you a little vistor pass and say follow the road to the left---

I will also add-- calling them Jailers, Screws, Cage kickers, Correctional Officers, Hacks, or any other sort of Jailer slur is off the mark.

I am telling you right now as a Florida Certified Correctional Officer and Law Enforcement Officer with experience behind the bars. If you walk into a Felony 1 High security dorm and began shouting crap and giving orders for no reason what so ever they will kill you. I am not being metaphorhic, exaggerating, or being sarcasitic. You will get a pen stuck into the artery of your neck and you will bleed out before they get you to the infirmary.

You walk into a dorm and begin with a loud clear, "GENTLEMEN" - then you tell them what you want them to do. They will generally do it. If they do not THEN you turn it up a little to "PERHAPS YOU DID NOT UNDERSTAND ME... you will do this, this and this, and do it NOW." Then if you catch an attitude and they are still not doign it then and ONLY then you become the jerk and people go to lock down. This entire procedure is known behind the bars as "Ask, Tell, Make."

The response you recieved at the campgroup and the show of force you had with several "Red Hatted Meanies" surrounding you in go carts is WAY above and beyond the sort of thing you'd see in any jail or prison in this state. In a Jail or Prison they will always, always, always start with the Gentlemen I want you to do this.. with respect and in a calm polite but stern voice.

Just took this off there website. I love what they think of kids. You can here the sarcasim as you read it.

Something New
Wilderness is $15 per adult (over 12)
Kids 5 to 12 are $4 with their parents and we
have a Maximum Family Charge of $45
Note: A family is Mom and Dad and the Kids living at the same address. Your Brother in Law, Weird uncle Harold, or the 3 teenagers from next door are $15 each so a single parent with 2 kids under 13 is only $23. Mom and Dad, 3 teenagers and 4 younger kids is only $45. Your visitors are $15. Our goal is to accommodate the families and make it affordable. Young and old adults will no longer have to fib about 3 couples all being in one pup tent. We think this is fair to everyone and hope you will agree. This puts our rate for a couple at $30. Our existing rule on all kids still applies, that is, you must take as many home as you bring. We tried but animal control will not accept them as they don't fit in the cages.

Thantks Pete, but they are all RV Sites. The first one offers camping, but not during the dates we fossil in the Peace River, the second and third one's are RV only. But thanks looking, maybe somebody else can use that info..

ERIC--Where were you last year? WE could have used you on our side. Maybe this year?? (WEekend of March 13)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom