Average depth finder

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CAPTAIN SINBAD

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
What is the cheapest device out there (bottom timer or entry level computer) that will display average depth? Any suggestions?

probably a used nitek duo, can usually be had for ~$100 on ebay. Whenever the new D6 computer comes out, that should also display avg. depth and will be the cheapest new device that displays it.

What is the cheapest device out there (bottom timer or entry level computer) that will display average depth? Any suggestions?

Those UWATEC bottom timers do it.

Suunto computers also do it but it will only show it to you in the logbook mode.

R..

What about the new Nitek? Does that not give you an average depth?

Thanks T-bone. You mean the Nitek Q will show average depth during the dive? Or is it a post dive downloadable / search type function?

I think i would dislike having depth informtion being displayed during a dive which is anything other than current depth. Maximum depth attained and average depth would be data that could be useful on the surface interval, but might be quite confusing on a low visibility night dive where a lot of things are happening and you are comming up alone in black water with no visual reference.. for example.

Would average depth calculation be needed for the ratio deco ascent strategy?

unsure about the Nitek displaying in the water, you'd have to read the manual for that. May show it by cycling through. I don't think the Nitek Duo that I had would display it in the water, had to show it in the dive log

Why? How would you use that information?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom