Auto scroll to bottom of page

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pavao

Contributor
Reaction score
It keeps happening sporadically that all of a sudden the page just scrolls itself down all the way to the bottom and is being "held" down, I can scroll up but as soon as I stop moving the cursor it jumps back down again.

When it happens, I also get a pop up message about something related to sharing location with google.something.something, if I want to allow it.

Been happening since yesterday. Is it just me, my end?

Hello.

There is no reason for popup messages to appear on this site except for Private Message notification.

If you're getting popups, you may have some kind of malware on your computer.

----------------

Aside from that, I'd recommend trying another web browser to see if your auto-scroll problem persists, or is just related to one particular web browser.

Hello.

There is no reason for popup messages to appear on this site except for Private Message notification.

If you're getting popups, you may have some kind of malware on your computer.

----------------

Aside from that, I'd recommend trying another web browser to see if your auto-scroll problem persists, or is just related to one particular web browser.

Howard, I'm having the same problem and it's doing it when the video ads load at the bottom of the page. As a matter of fact, it just did it when I started this reply. Extremely annoying, as it jumps to the bottom of the page and won't let you scroll back up until the video is over. The popup he's referring to is google wanting to know user location:

scbrd.jpg

Howard, I'm having the same problem and it's doing it when the video ads load at the bottom of the page. As a matter of fact, it just did it when I started this reply. Extremely annoying, as it jumps to the bottom of the page and won't let you scroll back up until the video is over. The popup he's referring to is google wanting to know user location:

View attachment 209402
Thanks for the more complete description of the problem.

I've disabled video ads.

Reactions: RJP
Thanks for the more complete description of the problem.

I've disabled video ads.

Not to be a pain the a$$, but the ads are still there and it's still happening. It happened again as I was reading your response...LOL. I refreshed the page and it stopped long enough for me to reply :D

EDIT: I may have worked around it. I blocked all plugins for this website and it seems to have stopped. I'm pretty sure it was Flash causing all the disruption, I'll keep you posted on results...

Last edited:
Which browser is causing this behavior? Have you tried another one?

I'm on Mozilla and don't even have another browser installed in this PC.
At home I'm on Safari, but don't spend enough time logged in to be able to observe if it happens there too.

The problem definitely manifests on Mozilla.

All of a sudden in the last week this same thing was happening to me. On this site, CNN news others as well. I'm using Chrome..It is not specific to SB.. I bet it is some browser setting - that i have no idea how to fix..

All of a sudden in the last week this same thing was happening to me. On this site, CNN news others as well. I'm using Chrome..It is not specific to SB.. I bet it is some browser setting - that i have no idea how to fix..

This tells me there's not much I can do for the problem then.

I've blocked the video ads, that's about all I can do.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom