Austin Swampers Happy Hour

Finns on 8/12

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great HH, wonderful burgers, cold beer, and best of all was the great company (also the band was good, and the random lake hotties were fun watching too :wink: :D
Met Mack and his sweetie, Carlisle had his honey with him, and Bills son Steve was getting the eye from one of the hotties, plus me and my bro' were enjoying all the sweet scenery wandering by along with the burgers and brews.

Missed those of you who didn't make it out, but there is always next time. Now just got to dive with some of you to make my swamper status official. If nothing else the trash cleanup at WP with Macks Oak Hill Scuba group will do it if can't get together with an current swamper before then.

Was looking for Hemlon and Jay_Smart and crew, but no luck. Meant to take some pics, but left camera at home:( So guess will just have to do this again some so I can get some pics to post.

Sorry I missed it as well. But I had a good excuse, I was off diving. :)

I will make it to one some day.

Willie

So, for those who missed last one, lets start picking a time and a place for next one. Only suggestion I would like to make is that we do it after the Trash dive on the 10th so that I will be an 'official' swamper for sure after that dive :D

Also, maybe we can make this a regular monthly thing? I know most cannot come every month, even a solo single like me will be missing some, but with a 'regular' scheduled event time and/or place we should all get to meet each other at one or another over time.

So, besides figuring when next months should be, any ideas on a regular schedule? And would a regular place be best, or should we pick a few to rotate thru regularly, perhaps dispersed around Austin and vicinity? I like the lake Travis locales, Finn's is a fav, but Carlos 'n' Charlies ok, Oasis has great view but doesn't impress me a lot otherwise. But that is partly me being selfish, I live just off of 620 so any of lake locations fairly easy for me to get to. So maybe need to throw in some locations to south and center of area to be fair to all. Just throwin' things out for discussion, post up how you feel about it and what places and dates and times work for each of you.

bogrady:
The 12th was the second Saturday of August. Why not peg it to the second Saturday of each month? Now the acronym becomes - Second Saturday Austin Swampers Social - SSASS.

Great acronym....:wink: and it doesn't violate TOS the way the shorter acronym would've :D

but that means another HH without me being official unless I manage to get together with another swamper to dive before then :(

But being a HH I guess I can just drown my troubles :)

I was just hoping to be 'official' before the next one and should make that at the Trash thingy the next day for sure.

come on austin area swampers, lets see some more posting here, so we can get a more general consensus

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom