Austin Swampers Happy Hour

Finns on 8/12

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm making this thread a sticky so ya'll can keep up with it. I'll unstick it after that weekend.

Thanks for the sticky, Dee. It will keep us from having to resort to 'banter' to keep the thread visible :wink:

Looks like the 12th is the favorite so far, sorry zach. So now the big question is where?

Of the places mentioned so far, Finns would be my favorite, on the water, live music, great burgers and appetizers, and is also a spot I have 'dove' (ok not much of a dive, but I did spend an entire day there with buddy helping another friend work on his boat after he dragged bottom with his prop and pulled shaft partway out. Not the funnest dive, but a lot of time underwater, and when came up for a break I could kick back and check out band and have an ice tea (until we were done and switched to adult bevs :wink:)

But as I voted for Oasis last time and did not show, my 'vote' on this doesn't really count.

So, Central Texas Swampers(and fellow Swamper wannabes :)), let your desires be known....

bogrady:
Finn's on the 12th? I'm in. I'll be wearing one of Mack's Oak Hill Scuba loud beach shirts.

I don't know the story behind Mack's loud beach shirts.

But wouldn't it be fun if we all wore loud beach shirts???

12th won't work. Have fun. I will be in Cozumel.

AggieDad:

I just got back...wow, what a great trip! This was my second time in Cozumel post-hurricane, and it was incredible.

I almost hate to say/think it, but it was better than our pre-hurricane trips.

Hemlon:
I don't know the story behind Mack's loud beach shirts.

But wouldn't it be fun if we all wore loud beach shirts???

Mack had a bunch of loud beach shirts on a rack at OH Scuba. My kids got me one for father's day. Not sure if he's got any left.

Have we settled on a date and place? I'm in Shanghai this week and I need to call home and make sure the shirt is clean and pressed ... (Oh honey ... can you make sure my laundry is done when I get home so I can go out and party with my new scuba friends ... pleeease ...:D )

Looks like we are shooting for the 12th as the date, and so far Johnny Finns seems to be the front runner as far as place.

Comments? Discussion? Disagreement?

Anyone else in on this? If a lot of Swampers coming, Finns has an upper deck area for larger groups, but will want to reserve it. If only around a dozen we can just show up and grab some tables.

Sorry you can't make it Aggiedad, but Cozumel beats Austin HH hands down. Have a great trip and see you at the next one.

AggieDad:

I'm having a real hard time feeling sorry for you Aggie! I'd gladly offer to take your place!

Finns on the 12th works for me.

I think I've only got one or two loud shirts left at the shop. I've got a couple of my own personal loud shirts, so I can hang if we decide on that kind of theme.

I guess we should setup a poll to get a count of attendies. That will let us know if we need to reserve the upper deck. Put me down for 2.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom