Austin Happy Hour for October...

Will you be there?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hemlon:
You HAVE to go to happy hour and you HAVE to bring good beer for our next dive. (None is that dark, malty stuff!)

:wink:

Shaggies dark, malty stuff is good beer!

If she doesn't appreciate it, I'll dive with ya and drink your beer shaggie :)

Reminds me, gotta call PG and see what beer selection they carry, also need to see whether we need to reserve some space or just show. From the voting it looks like we may have a pretty good crowd for next one.

I've been busy doing some extensive "good" beer research for the South Austin happy hour. Spent yesterday at the Stuttgart Bad Constadt Wasn Volksfest. It's the second largest Octoberfest celebration in Germany. Over 1 million of us tested several different fine local German beers. I think I represented the Swampers well - I didn't fall off of any of the tables I was standing on. I invited everyone back to Oak Hill for our happy hour. Not sure how many will show up.

Beyond a 'Dive Shirt' theme... I think I will wear my Dive Cleanup T... I decided we needed something at table to ID it as the 'divers table' so here is my effort for next HH

2452952550090248561tNIlPO_ph.jpg

2530129900090248561PomNQv_ph.jpg

2288721750090248561JIgcgJ_ph.jpg

2218852670090248561FoGsuP_ph.jpg

2013247130090248561ZKsPKT_fs.jpg

2901560840090248561yfpZoW_ph.jpg

bogrady:
I've been busy doing some extensive "good" beer research for the South Austin happy hour. Spent yesterday at the Stuttgart Bad Constadt Wasn Volksfest. It's the second largest Octoberfest celebration in Germany. Over 1 million of us tested several different fine local German beers. I think I represented the Swampers well - I didn't fall off of any of the tables I was standing on. I invited everyone back to Oak Hill for our happy hour. Not sure how many will show up.

That's where I wish Gunther's, which was in North Austin, was still open. They had fantastic German food and beer. I really miss it.

ScubaTexan:
That's where I wish Gunther's, which was in North Austin, was still open. They had fantastic German food and beer. I really miss it.
My old roomate worked at Gunthers till the end, and a good friend of mine also worked there at one time while in college. They have some wonderful Gunthers stories... We had them sponsor our bike team for the MS150 one year... talk about some carb loading :wink: :D

Did Gunther's just go out of business, or did it move somewhere else? I've looked everywhere in Austin for it.

ScubaTexan:
Did Gunther's just go out of business, or did it move somewhere else? I've looked everywhere in Austin for it.
Went out of business... He sold to some south americans, they started adding SA dishes to all german menu, and changing some other things, then went out of business. My old roomie still does snail mail with him, he is up in one of those frozen northern states, last I heard.

NadMat:
Shaggies dark, malty stuff is good beer!

If she doesn't appreciate it, I'll dive with ya and drink your beer shaggie :)

Thanks Mat! I've made a new batch, pretty dark and malty. I'll have to make a rice beer one of these days for those who like "american lagers".

Was going to post the .pdf's of the dive flag sheets so everyone could bring there own, but looks like attachments are not working yet. So instead, I am going to print nametags for everyone who has voted as intending to come. They will have avatar pic (if you have one) and SB nick preprinted on them with room to write in real name....

This is really mostly for me, I suck at remembering names until I have used them a bit, and it looks like we may have a decent group for this one.

for a label preview...

2143936370090248561FZTbuc_ph.jpg

Back
Top Bottom