Austin Divers: Which LDS is your favorite?

Which Austin LDS is your favorite?

• Tom's Dive and Swim

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • Scubaland (North or South)

Votes: 8 16.3%
  • Austin Aqua Sports

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Dive World (I or II)

Votes: 9 18.4%
  • Oak Hill Scuba

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • other

Votes: 6 12.2%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I certified at Dive World and my son at Tom's.

I just overlook Bert at Dive World. Mike can be moody but I get along fine with him. Chaim is a great young man, he has to be because I give him a terrible time. There is one thing that I don't like at Dive World but I would probably be the same way if I ran the business, I tend to like to hang around and talk with people. I learn a lot that way and not all of it is good. Dive World just does not have the room nor when customers are there the time. The people that I have met through Dive World have been pretty good to me. Re-fills are pretty fast but have been okay. I just have had only one problem and that was a forgotten refill but they got it done in time to dive but barely. Chaim still hears about that. :D

I like Tom's. The people are super and very friendly and helpful. I buy some things through them and the ONLY shortcoming in my mind is that they don't sell Zeagle products. I don't like jacket type BC's and I love my Zeagle.

I have only been in Scuabland once and was impressed with the people but haven't had a chance to do to much with them.

I don't know any of the other shops...yet.

Is Diveworld II a dive shop these days or are they still selling antiques ?!![/QUOTE]

Still selling antiques, last time I went by there.

shaggie:
Is Diveworld II a dive shop these days or are they still selling antiques ?!!

Still selling antiques, last time I went by there.[/QUOTE]
hey shaggie,
Diveworld II wont be open until May, I think. to get your tanks filled, Diveworld I is about 25 mins east of 620 towards 183.

BTW, are we diving this weekend?

In order (main shop affiliation):

1. Oak Hill - (NAUI, NAUI Tec) Rick and his staff know it all.
2. Tom's - (SSI) no shop in Austin has a better relationship with its core recreational customers.
3. Austin Aqua Sports - (PADI) small shop, but inviting; 3 minutes from Campus.
4. Scubaland - (PADI) classic large PADI shop, there's one in every city; great in-house travel agency.
5. Clearwater - well run shop.
6. Dive World - (SDI/TDI) closest fills to Travis.

Man, I still say you could get a better more trustworthy fill out of Richard Barstow. Dive World, well, they fill it so fast I can see my bottle expand before my eyes. Maybe that's why II is closed until May... Naw, I won't start rumors...

I got my open water and advanced through Oak Hill in 1993 and still do business with them but The Dive shop in San Marcos (got my advanced rescue there) is closest for me and I really get along well with the staff. Don can be a bit gruff but is a great guy.
Mark at Oak Hill told me I should stick with my 'alma mater':D so I spread the wealth between the two shops.

no one is voting for Deep Blue, no wait, they folded...er Ocean's Window, nope they're gone,too...how about Pisces, or Double-D, or Aquatic Adventures...no, all 86d...

Pruning of the vine...

I have a couple of diver friends in Austin, and when I'm in town I've used Scubaland. They've arranged some travel for me and I bought a wetsuit from them. So far, those experiences have been good, but I don't remember seeing any tech gear when I was there last. I can't say how their training is, or how they compare to others in the area.

cyklon_300:
no one is voting for Deep Blue, no wait, they folded...er Ocean's Window, nope they're gone,too...how about Pisces, or Double-D, or Aquatic Adventures...no, all 86d...

Pruning of the vine...
Double-D is still open and their new location is on 182/Anderson Mill. However, that store is always closed whenever I go there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom