Austin Divers: Which LDS is your favorite?

Which Austin LDS is your favorite?

• Tom's Dive and Swim

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • Scubaland (North or South)

Votes: 8 16.3%
  • Austin Aqua Sports

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Dive World (I or II)

Votes: 9 18.4%
  • Oak Hill Scuba

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • other

Votes: 6 12.2%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My vote for other goes to Clearwater Divers. I have only been in there a couple of times, and have yet to buy anything, but it's a good atmosphere and I don't feel pressured.
I was certified with Dive World and I have regs serviced at Austin Aqua Sports and I have visited Scubaland north. I will be visiting George at Clearwater in the near future and see myself definitely buying my next BC from there.

I'm all for Clearwater Divers as well. We owe George a lot with regards to getting us into diving and teaching us the right way to do things. He really pushed us to be better divers.

His store is also a place that we felt people just hung out and had a good time being there.

-Don

Austin, in my opinion, has several great dive shops.

George at Clearwater divers is an incredible pain in the *** (especially if you buy your gear elsewhere :)), but deep down he is a really great guy.

I can also vouch for Scubaland; I bought my computer there brand new for cheaper than Leisurepro sells them.

Finally, Austin Aqua Sports is friendly and curteous and is the most convenient to where I live.

I'd have to vote for Tom's. No pressure sales... My gear gets serviced quickly and correctly... Lots of training and fun dives going on... Just an all around great experience.

I voted for other - Clearwater Divers.

While my only experience as been with Tom's, I'd have to say that it has been nothing short of exceptional: No pressure, and extremely flexible in terms of gear packages and exchanges. If you go, however, make sure you leave 45min to an hour to chat with Warren. :D

I've dealt with most of these shops... Dive World, well, there's Bert, and he's about as friendly to people as Hitler was to the Jewish... Toms, I'd say not bad, but there gear dealings isn't the best... CWD, I love George, but doesn't carry OMS... My business sticks with Austin Aqua Sports. There are one of the few shops in town that I know of that'll do Tech training, handles tech gear, and Mike knows his stuff when it comes to servicing gear.

I'll have to go with Clearwater Divers as well

I used to use Toms. Good shop for recreational stuff but dont even think about asking for a nitrox fill.They were baffled by a long hose ! AustinAquaSports are great for Tech stuff.
DiveWorld. Hmmmm........The Good,they are closest to the lake.The Bad, Fastest fills I ever get,(If they have actually remembered to turn the compressor on)I cringe when I hear air whistling into my tanks. Is Diveworld II a dive shop these days or are they still selling antiques ?!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom