August Hudson Grotto Get together.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ginnie is a bit far but it's your best bet for the cost. OW "safe" cavern, caves for certified cave divers :), river drift dives and snorkeling.
Rainbow River, Hospital Hole, Blue Grotto, Devils Den, Alexander Springs. It's still summer so the weekends will be crowded.

eandiver:
Ginnie is a bit far but it's your best bet for the cost. OW "safe" cavern, caves for certified cave divers :), river drift dives and snorkeling.
Rainbow River, Hospital Hole, Blue Grotto, Devils Den, Alexander Springs. It's still summer so the weekends will be crowded.
.....what?....ya think Ginnie won't be crowded too? :mooner:

It doesn't matter to me where it is, I'm just not sure about Hospital Hole...... who the heck named it that? :11: And why?

If it's too early in the morning just say so.......of course Ginnie will be crowded on the weekends!!!!
All the other spots usually are too. Winter and rainy days are the best time to go. Just depends on how motivated a person is to go diving.
Hospital Hole info www.floridacaves.com/hhole.htm

Well, I never dreamed it meant "fish hospital" that's a pretty cool history! I'd like to hear what everyone else prefers.... but Hospital Hole sounds kinda neat! Not to mention, I've never been there before. I'll probably be going to Ginnie for the mega-dive in a couple of months, so I'd rather go someplace else for this.
overachiever:
If it's too early in the morning just say so.......
Dooood, 8:54am is practically lunch time for me! Yes, I get up early.....even on the weekends. I love to see the sunrise! :coffee:

I forgot to say thanks for driving all the way over even though you couldn't dive.

Hows the alien doing?:)

I think Hospital Hole would be fine. Only issue is how do we all meet. We'd need like 2 or 3 pontoon boats anchored together to have a get together as the land around the hole is heavily wooded. Can anybody say "redneck Yacht Club".

N@rco$i$:
I think Hospital Hole would be fine. Only issue is how do we all meet. We'd need like 2 or 3 pontoon boats anchored together to have a get together as the land around the hole is heavily wooded. Can anybody say "redneck Yacht Club".

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sounds like a plan to me.

hey, you get your grill back yet? I was there Saturday and saw it was still there.

Hudson Grotto revisited...

Well, I for one was pleasantly surprised by the vis. It was an easy 10/15 feet or so. I had completely scared Kylie, my DM candidate, before we got there. She did great. Her hovering/trim skills are getting honed and she even got some reel time on the surface.

The SB crowd was wonderful as well. Easy coversation about the board and diving. It was a great day all around. I am ready for the next get together!

From the Scuba West e-news letter I just got today.:D

"My thanks to the folks at Scubaboard.com for visiting us recently. It appeared that everyone had a fun time hunting for golf balls, enjoying good food and visiting with diving friends. I encourage everyone to checkout Scubaboard.com during the next internet surf!"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom