August Hudson Grotto Get together.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thankyou everyone for making the get-together a success. I think everyone enjoyed themselves. It was nice meeting some of the newer board members and I look forward to diving with all of you again in the future.

PS. Irene, I think we collected 90% of the golf balls. It was suggested that next time we put the balls in the grass across the street and try to hit them into the Grotto first, then go try and retrieve them. I kinda like the idea......

Can't say much for the golf Pro, tho. I think he had some rum punch before we got there.
There were golf balls ALLL OVer the place.
Poor little Angel in the water was having to dodge like a break dancer. :D
Got son and daughter in the water to do bouancy checks on their
gear. THAT was interesting. Both forgot about what happens when you give someone a weight from your belt.
At about 5 feet Shawna couldnt get down. So Dave handed her a 4 lb from his bag.
She went down, he went up :)
Once we got the weight right we headed back down to about 30' to get them used to the new gear. Did some "let's see what this thing does" stuff, and had them find out where each itme was by feel.
We each had a different light source. She had a regular dive light, he had my Xenon and I had a new eLED. So much difference it's scary. I went and bought them each a new eLED. We use the others as back-ups now.
Gil, at Divers Direct (World?) in Orlando was great with the kids. He spent about 3 hours with each of them making sure their fit and equipment was dive ready. Thanks to Gil and Brandy, they had a great time.
Thank you to everyone there, we were made to feel right at home with the group, and we had a great time.
Rick

Yes I left the grill on purpose, I'll go back and get it this upcoming Saturday, after the inferno that the new charcoal created, I didn't think it a good idea to put it in the truck while still hot enough to melt iron, as we had to leave early to get Tracie to work on time. It will give us an excuse to go back and hey why get a dive or two in while were there.

Chris

1Amphib - you going up there early, maybe I'll meet you there with a few divers. I'd like to go back down and check out the 106ft platform some more.

dang! i wish i would have A) been on the board earlier and B) seen this. that would have been a lot of fun. anyone planning another central florida gtg?

I'm in the process of planning another get-together. I haven't picked a place yet. Ginnie is on the list, but it's a little far north for some I have spoken with. I'll let you know.

N@rco$i$:
I'm in the process of planning another get-together. I haven't picked a place yet. Ginnie is on the list, but it's a little far north for some I have spoken with. I'll let you know.

Well when you decide I will be happy to carpool some people as long as work doesn't get in the way. I can hold 4 people and gear.

N@rco$i$:

sounds great! let us all know please!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom