AUE is getting a boat sale!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
God, you're retarded.

Sorry - don't see anything. If you have it in a sig, not the most helpful place for critical information related to a post, since many people (such as myself) have their settings set to NOT show sigs. See attached to see what your posts look like here.

But even if I were to determine that you were a worthy cause that I would love to support - your advertisement of a discriminatory shipping policy would be enough to keep me from doing so. Hell, for all I know, your "48 state" shipping policy could be rooted in the belief that the other two states use non-American currency anyway (and yes, I once had an on-line vendor tell me this).

After being on the fence for several years, I have finally pulled the trigger on a new boat to enable us to pursue some very exciting projects in the near future. As many of you know, boats siphon money out of your pocket faster than a stripper at 3AM (or so I have been told). With the boat's pending arrival, I need to make some space in the garage, as well as raise some funds to outfit her with some desired electronics. So, if you have enjoyed the numerous trip reports, images, and information offered on the AUE website over the past 12 years, perhaps you will consider offering a modest donation in return for some goodies:

For $11, get a copy of Shipwrecks of the Sunshine State (2003 book) delivered - shipping/handling included!
For $21, get a copy of Shipwrecks of the Sunshine State (2003 book) and Florida's Shipwrecks (2008 book) - shipping and handling included!

CONTINENTAL U.S. ONLY!

Should you want to be generous and offer a bigger donation, we highly encourage it! :)
In return, we have plenty of goodies such as AUE t-shirts, stickers, or other items (porthole, perhaps?) that can be thrown in to show our gratitude for your support.

Funds can be sent via Paypal (barney00@tampabay.rr.com) or check (snail mail address can be found on the AUE website); be sure to include your address and any associated notation.

The AUE telethon will run through the month of April or until I liquidate my book supply, whichever comes first. After that, its time to hit the water in pursuit of some awesome shipwreck projects.

Please pass this on to your fellow divers and help the cause!

Thanks,
Mike

How much for just the 2008 book? (I've already got the 2003 book).

My God, I can't believe this is getting so dragged out! Especially by someone who has stated they aren't really interested in donating anyway!

The initial reason for stating Continental U.S. only was not due to some conspiracy theory or prejudice against other states, etc. It was a way to avoid getting nailed for excess fees - I have been selling my books for over 5 years, and I have absorbed additional shipping fees from those outside the U.S. when I clearly had stated U.S. only. But, I have been happy to make exceptions in the past to get books to those who really wanted them. But it adds up.

Anyway, this whole thread was just a way to help raise some funds to support the boat fund and what AUE (AUE: ASSOCIATION OF UNDERWATER EXPLORERS) does to research and document shipwrecks and participate in other projects. I have been on SB for 8 years and offered advice and information when I can. Plus, the AUE website (AUE: ASSOCIATION OF UNDERWATER EXPLORERS) has been around for about 12 years, and is chock full of information and images - for free.

Anyway, I digress.

The boat is a 2004 Parker 2510WA with twin 200HP Yamaha four strokes. It should be a great platform to pursue our projects around the state of Florida and U.S. East Coast.

If you are interested in donating - thanks! If you are just interested in a book, that's great too. You can see the website for retail prices of the book, but I outlined the minimum suggested donation to get a book in the original post of this thread ($11 shipped - either the 2003 or 2008 book). If you can give extra - it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Mike
Association of Underwater Explorers
AUE: ASSOCIATION OF UNDERWATER EXPLORERS

The initial reason for stating Continental U.S. only was not due to some conspiracy theory or prejudice against other states, etc. It was a way to avoid getting nailed for excess fees
That's great - but as I demonstrated to you, there isn't an extra fee for media rate mail to the other states....a fact you don't seem to want to acknowledge at all.

Again - assuming a 1 pound package from Miami, media mail rate:

Anchorage Alaska (99522): $2.23
Honolulu Hawaii (33122): $2.23
NYC (Bronx - 10451): $2.23
Beverly Hills (90210): $2.23

Hell, 1 pound media rate package from Key West, Florida (33040) to Adak, Alaska (99546) - waaaaaay out on the end of the Aleutian Chain - near Japan....which I think is about as far as you can go from one state to another....$2.23.

So where is the extra fee to the other two states? That's all I'm askin'.

Last edited:
Mike,

You skipped over my questions. An answer to me would be appreciated as I believe it will apply to many readers.

to get a book in the original post of this thread ($11 shipped - either the 2003 or 2008 book).

Mike,

payment sent (Paypal) for the 2008 book (Florida Shipwrecks). (I've already got the 2003 book).

Thanks! Look forward to getting it.

mike_s

Paypal sent for the book set. If you wouldn't mind signing the copies for me that would be extra cool.

Good luck with the boat and your new projects.

Thanks, Dave.

Mike,

You skipped over my questions. An answer to me would be appreciated as I believe it will apply to many readers.

Sorry-
Yes, I would be willing to ship elsewhere as I alluded earlier, if one were willing to account for additional shipping outside of the U.S. (not including Alaska :wink: )
Cheers,
Mike

W H A T E V E R .

If any Alaskans want a book, I am willing to ship there at the stated minimums. Except for NudeDiver, which would require a PITA surcharge of triple the stated minimum.

Happy? :D

That's great - but as I demonstrated to you, there isn't an extra fee for media rate mail to the other states....a fact you don't seem to want to acknowledge at all.

Again - assuming a 1 pound package from Miami, media mail rate:

Anchorage Alaska (99522): $2.23
Honolulu Hawaii (33122): $2.23
NYC (Bronx - 10451): $2.23
Beverly Hills (90210): $2.23

Hell, 1 pound media rate package from Key West, Florida (33040) to Adak, Alaska (99546) - waaaaaay out on the end of the Aleutian Chain - near Japan....which I think is about as far as you can go from one state to another....$2.23.

So where is the extra fee to the other two states? That's all I'm askin'.

W H A T E V E R .

If any Alaskans want a book, I am willing to ship there at the stated minimums. Except for NudeDiver, which would require a PITA surcharge of triple the stated minimum.

Happy? :D

Your post has been reported due to being to funny . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom