AUE is getting a boat sale!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aue-mike

Contributor
Reaction score
After being on the fence for several years, I have finally pulled the trigger on a new boat to enable us to pursue some very exciting projects in the near future. As many of you know, boats siphon money out of your pocket faster than a stripper at 3AM (or so I have been told). With the boat's pending arrival, I need to make some space in the garage, as well as raise some funds to outfit her with some desired electronics. So, if you have enjoyed the numerous trip reports, images, and information offered on the AUE website over the past 12 years, perhaps you will consider offering a modest donation in return for some goodies:

For $11, get a copy of Shipwrecks of the Sunshine State (2003 book) delivered - shipping/handling included!
For $21, get a copy of Shipwrecks of the Sunshine State (2003 book) and Florida's Shipwrecks (2008 book) - shipping and handling included!

CONTINENTAL U.S. ONLY!

Should you want to be generous and offer a bigger donation, we highly encourage it! :)
In return, we have plenty of goodies such as AUE t-shirts, stickers, or other items (porthole, perhaps?) that can be thrown in to show our gratitude for your support.

Funds can be sent via Paypal (barney00@tampabay.rr.com) or check (snail mail address can be found on the AUE website); be sure to include your address and any associated notation.

The AUE telethon will run through the month of April or until I liquidate my book supply, whichever comes first. After that, its time to hit the water in pursuit of some awesome shipwreck projects.

Please pass this on to your fellow divers and help the cause!

Thanks,
Mike

CONTINENTAL U.S. ONLY!

Should you want to be generous and offer a bigger donation, we highly encourage it! :)
How about YOU be generous and not discriminate against people who live in other states - esp. given that priority mail cost the same no matter what state it goes to?

How about YOU be generous and not discriminate against people who live in other states - esp. given that priority mail cost the same no matter what state it goes to?

Excuse me?!?!
Since I am covering mailing costs and offering the book dirt cheap to the lower 48, I think I am being VERY generous, especially considering the retail price of the books. A book delivered to your house for as little as $11?? Perhaps you have unreasonable expectations...
Should you want to offer a more generous contribution, I think the book can be delivered anywhere. The prices above were suggested minimums...

Since I am covering mailing costs and offering the book dirt cheap to the lower 48, I think I am being VERY generous, especially considering the retail price of the books. A book delivered to your house for as little as $11?? Perhaps you have unreasonable expectations...
I guess you missed the point that via USPS, the mailing cost to the other two states isn't any more expensive than the first 48.

I guess you missed the point that via USPS, the mailing cost to the other two states isn't any more expensive than the first 48.

No, I didn't. If you send it priority mail, its the same, but I am mailing media mail rate.

No, I didn't. If you send it priority mail, its the same, but I am mailing media mail rate.
I dunno where you are, somewhere in Florida I gather. But assuming a 1 pound package, from Miami (zip 33122) to:

Devils Lake, North Dakota (zip 58301): $2.23 (media rate)
Anchorage, Alaska (zip 99522): $2.23 (media rate)

I dunno where you are, somewhere in Florida I gather. But assuming a 1 pound package, from Miami (zip 33122) to:

Devils Lake, North Dakota (zip 58301): $2.23 (media rate)
Anchorage, Alaska (zip 99522): $2.23 (media rate)

Were you interested in donating, or just complaining about perceived inequity?

Were you interested in donating, or just complaining about perceived inequity?
Just complaining about the discriminatory policy.

Your OP didn't say what "AUE" is, what it does, why it needs a dive boat - or even give the address of its website. Kinda hard to muster up any courage to "donate" lacking this sort of information.

Up this way - AUE stands for "Alaska Underwater Explorers". But given your shipping policy, I doubt that you are soliciting for them :)

Just complaining about the discriminatory policy.

Your OP didn't say what "AUE" is, what it does, why it needs a dive boat - or even give the address of its website. Kinda hard to muster up any courage to "donate" lacking this sort of information.

Up this way - AUE stands for "Alaska Underwater Explorers". But given your shipping policy, I doubt that you are soliciting for them :)

Its in each and every one of my posts - right under my real name. Look down just a wee bit and you might see it...

Good luck with the new boat. You books are wonderful. I look forward to seeing the next one. That is a great price you are offering , I'll see if I can help spread the word.

Capt Scotty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom