ATX200 single tank hose routing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sillygrendel

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm currently diving an ATX200 w/7' primary, bungeed secondary, etc...

When doing the hose replacement I pretty much did like for like. This was a number of dives ago and I'm starting to wonder about cleaner hose configurations, than the current "X-wing" one. (diaphram up, which I'm not too crazy about)

Anyone play with this much?

I've got the same rig, with 7' hose. The diaphragm up is the best routing I've found. With the diaphragm down, your HP hose is going to be coming off the regulator pointing up, and you want it to route down over the front of the wing. If you get the Halcyon 7' hose, it is extremely supple, and there's no problem with it coming out of the reg horizontally before curving down to your canister light. If you try and point the diaphragm either left or right (reg horizontal), at least one hose is going to be sticking striaght up. On an angle, and you're going to have at least one hose pointing up before having to curve down again.

Is there a problem you've experienced with it configured like this?

I recently switched to the 7' hose from the 6' (I now have a HID :D) I've just seen cleaner routings for other regs, and was thinking if there was something different I could do.

I went through the same thoughts you did for pointing the diaphram in different directions...

Just looking to see if someone out there thought of something I hadn't! (it happens)

Love the reg though.

sillygrendel once bubbled...
I recently switched to the 7' hose from the 6' (I now have a HID :D) I've just seen cleaner routings for other regs, and was thinking if there was something different I could do.

I went through the same thoughts you did for pointing the diaphram in different directions...

Just looking to see if someone out there thought of something I hadn't! (it happens)

Love the reg though.
Hahaha - that's exactly what I did - got a canister HID and dumped my 6' hose for the 7'.

The 6' wasn't quite long enough to route under the light and around the neck comfortably. The 7' is just about perfect!

Every time I dive with the HID I am happier and happier with it! Light signals are just very cool...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom