ATX200 hose routing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just got back from my first open water trip using the ATX200's in a doubles setup. I found that Vie's setup (see his pics above) works well. Only thing I change was to angle the 1st stages (environmental seals facing up a bit) so that the primary 2nd stage hose cleared the right cylinder better. Sorry didn't get a chance to take pics of the setup as I was busy with some training.

darkstar:
According to George Irvine, you never put the primary on the LEFT post. Always on the RIGHT.

http://www.wkpp.org/articles/Gear/newgeorge.html

That makes sense to me as loosing your primary from a roll-off would be the first failure I would want to guard against.

I have:

RIGHT Post
- Primary
- drysuit inflator or secondary bc (when diving wet)

LEFT post
- Secondary
- SPG
- bc inflator.

I deviated from Georges config because I found that the hose was too short when routed across from the RIGHT post. His reasoning for putting it there is not all that strong. I kind of also like the idea that I would be using gas from the LEFT post in normal operation and so if my BC inflater ran dry, but I could still breath, I would know I had a LEFT post issue, but could still maintain bouyancy with my drysuit (or secondary BC inflator).

Which direction your seals face is a matter of preference.
Find the correct length lp hose and run your bc inflator from the RIGHT post; your tertiary Backup Regulator is the inflator valve itself (by pressing the inlfate and dump buttons simultaneously and inhaling gas through the mouthpiece, exhale through your nose), and you would want that coming off the post with the Roll-on failure mode (RIGHT post). Drysuit inflator should be coming from the LEFT post, or a separate bottle if breathing Trimix for backgas.

Back
Top Bottom