ATX100 vs TX100 vx ATX200

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

orca

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Would anyone like to share with me your knowledge about APEKS regulators.

I'm thinking of getting new reg for diving with twins, but can't really decide on which model to get. Most people I've come across prefer TX100, supposedly for better hose routing for diving with twins.

Any comments?

I haven't heard of many people using the ATX200 1st stages for doubles yet, so I can't comment on the hose routing. For doubles, most people use ATX50 regs with a DS4 1st stage. If cost is an issue go that route.

The only difference between the TX and ATX models is size and weight, with the ATX being the lighter models. However I've heard they sacrificed bubble dispersion when making the ATX.

I have the ATX200 and love it. Hope that helps.

Thomas

I currently am using ATX 200 1st stages and TX 100 2nd stages on my doubles. I had the TX 100 first and my buddy had the Atx 200. What we found was that he had a bigger head and when he leaned his head back he would smack the first stages. I have a smaller head so we switch first stages. The difference being that the Tx aim out board and the ATX rout in board. Hose routing is great on both as long as you use either steel tanks or Luxfer 80's. Catalina Als have a shorter neck and seem to put pressure on the hoses. I have a set of both Als and that was the only difference I noticed. I prefer the Tx 100 seconds though. The exhaust valve rest nicely on the chin and disperses bubbles rather well. The ATX 200 second is basically just like my Scuba Pro S600's. Nice and light, but bubbles in the face if you look straight ahead. (That is compared to the TX) If you use either the TX or ATX you want to leave off the hose protectors. They just make putting on the regs a real pain and seem to just add more stress. My MK25s rout nice also with the bottom port on them and to be honest with you all 3 of these Regs breath the same. So if you have a big head you may want to look at the TX or ATX 100's. I hope this helps. If you want to see proper hose routing for the TX 100 go to and for the MK25 S600 you can look in the DIR fundementals book. I hope this helps.

Scrappy

Scrappy once bubbled...
Hose routing is great on both as long as you use either steel tanks or Luxfer 80's. Catalina Als have a shorter neck and seem to put pressure on the hoses.
Could you please explain this, how can your tank put pressure on your hoses?

JT2 once bubbled...
Could you please explain this, how can your tank put pressure on your hoses?
If the tank has a short neck, the downward pointing hoses hit the tank shoulders, and it can bend the hose at the point where it is crimped to the fitting. Not a good spot to be putting strain on a hose. O-ring had a similar problem with DS4s and Catalina doubles.

Thanks for the explaination, I have never heard this before and all of my aluminum tanks are Catalinas. I am going to have to put find a Luxfer 80 to put beside my Catalina 80 and to see the difference I guess, I assume you are saying that where the valve screws into a Luxfer that the actual threaded part of the neck sticks up higher than on a Catalina. Is this right? Thanks

Thanks everyone for their comments & link :)

I'll put ATX200 into my shopping list... Have always love the black color first stage, they look :terminat:

FYI...Apeks doesn't make the ATX200 first stage in black anymore. I guess they had some problems with scratches, so now it is only available in a satin finish. It still sounds like a great reg and will be the one that I get very soon!

ScubaVP once bubbled...
FYI...Apeks doesn't make the ATX200 first stage in black anymore. I guess they had some problems with scratches, so now it is only available in a satin finish. It still sounds like a great reg and will be the one that I get very soon!

:eek:

Do they give a discount for satin :bonk:

Back
Top Bottom