Attitudes Toward DIR Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't own a wetsuit anymore. I wear just a tie-dyed t-shirt, because no one wants to see me with my shirt off. :D But then, while I've been mistaken as a DIR diver, I am definitely not.
You are a scholar and a gentleman

Which is mutually exclusive to being DIR??? :D :D :D
I don’t know. Never looked into DIR. figured my military training, padi training and diving with some very good people was enough. Picked up some good tips/advise listening and asking questions. Have always found fellow dives willing to help and answer questions. Only had a few be judgmental and I didn’t throw them overboard.

figured my military training, padi training and diving with some very good people was enough.
As long as you're having fun and not silting things out for everyone, you're more than "enough" in my book. :D :D :D Dive and let dive. DIR and let others not DIR. :D

Only on ScubaBoard do we talk about this.

How 'bout DIFF? Doing It For Fun?
There ya go! It has been said that diving the DIR way can enable a diver to have more fun. I felt I was having more fun on my dives after my original Fundies class. Once I was less stressed by the mechanics of executing a dive, I could relax more and focus on the goal of the dive, which in my case was simply enjoying the coral reefs. There is fun in Fundies.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom