Attitudes Toward DIR Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

no doubt - but do those same people claim to be right about the rest of their configuration? and by implication everyone else is wrong? As soon as you make a claim that your way is the best and only way, you immediately put a target on your back irregardless of which agency/ideology you adhere to
There’s nothing wrong with saying something works well no matter how much the anti dir zealots are triggered by it

This horse is not only dead, its been beaten to a fine pulp, fed to a roving band of hyenas, digested by the hyenas, the hyena shiat collected and used to fertilize tomato plants, the tomatoes allowed to go rotten on the vine, and then the rotten tomatoes are to be thrown at your local PADI dive center.

Have I missed anything?

I think there is some debate about hyperbaric counter diffusion as well?

For the love of god, please close this thread 🙏

No, lets not be hasty. We can still have a discussion about the value of all of the PADI specialty classes. Personally, I think the Underwater Naturalist class should be reserved for nudists.

For the love of god, please close this thread 🙏
This just won't happen. Why should it? If you don't like the subject, just move on. There are plenty of other threads, and doing this kind of posting only makes it more popular and silts out the discussion. It will self-close when everyone finally loses interest.

That about sums it up.
Now, who want’s to join us for purple urchin removal dive tomorrow?
I don’t care if you’re GUE/DIR/UTD/PADI/SSI/NAUI/SDI/TDI/NASDS/RAID/CMAS/AHOLE, or ABCDEFG, the proof is in the bags you haul in and the poundage you get, and I don’t care how you get it. All the other crap is out the window.
What? Judged on productivity? I think you need to inject a little DEI here!

How about points for buoyancy control, minimizing the amount of lead required, trim while on surface and below, the type of fin kick used, air consumption, the type of gas selected, the use of black wetsuits, and of course an overall lack of cultural appropriation (from tech divers)?

the use of black wetsuits,
I don't own a wetsuit anymore. I wear just a tie-dyed t-shirt, because no one wants to see me with my shirt off. :D But then, while I've been mistaken as a DIR diver, I am definitely not.

Back
Top Bottom