Attitudes Toward DIR Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hogarthian system!
Even the man himself does not use it!
I’m pretty sure what ever he’s diving is Hogarthain. It’s only tangential to DIR. I’ve seen him in the water a few times and parking lots in cave country. He’s definitely fast.

Hogarthian system!
Even the man himself does not use it!
Bill Main was never DIR. The Hogarthian system advocated for inflation off the left post, which as I understand was moved to the right post when GI3 took over, much to the chagrin of Main and a few others. We have a lot to thank Bill Main for, but he was never DIR, and frankly seemed to dislike the term.

Bill Main was never DIR. The Hogarthian system advocated for inflation off the left post, which as I understand was moved to the right post when GI3 took over, much to the chagrin of Main and a few others. We have a lot to thank Bill Main for, but he was never DIR, and frankly seemed to dislike the term.

I think he really respected the hell out of what they did with the WKPP just go read the interview a few post back

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom