Attitudes Toward DIR Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You said: "EVERYONE is intimately familiar with this case."
I quoted that and said that is hyperbole and nonsense.
Yet Lorenzoid makes a statement that highlights how well-known it is. Is his statement hyperbolic and nonsensical as well?

Or- wait, let me guess- you’re picking fights about semantics because you just don’t like what I have to say but have nothing interesting or thought-out to respond with?

You’re probably just better off saying nothing. You must be fun at parties.

Yet Lorenzoid makes a statement that highlights how well-known it is. Is his statement hyperbolic and nonsensical as well?
His statement was:
Many of us are familiar with the case.
If you don't see the difference between that and what you said (hint: "EVERYONE" and "intimately familiar") then I can't help you.
Keep on digging.

Why not just have a Mod erase this thread in entirety please? A little research of past threads would have provided all the needed answers and infighting and bad vibes.

There are some subjects that bear continuous discussion and new threads, this is not one of them.

Peace Out.

Why not just have a Mod erase this thread in entirety please? A little research of past threads would have provided all the needed answers and infighting and bad vibes.

There are some subjects that bear continuous discussion and new threads, this is not one of them.

Peace Out.
At this point I’ll second that. Things have gotten too counterproductive to rationalize continuing this discussion.

EVERYONE is intimately familiar with this case. EVERYONE- including PADI’s most ardent defenders- is aware of the organization’s failures and reprehensible practices.
Many of us, though perhaps not even everyone on SB, are familiar with the case. There are over 1,700 posts about the case in this thread: Suit filed in case of "Girl dead, boy injured at Glacier National Park I did not participate much in that thread, but if I recall (someone correct me) the case ended with a settlement, and PADI was not found liable by a jury for any failures or practices. You, like the parties in that case and those of us who voiced opinions in that thread, are entitled to your opinion. An opinion is not the same as being "aware" of a fact.

Many of us, though perhaps not even everyone on SB, are familiar with the case. There are over 1,700 posts about the case in this thread: Suit filed in case of "Girl dead, boy injured at Glacier National Park I did not participate much in that thread, but if I recall (someone correct me) the case ended with a settlement, and PADI was not found liable by a jury for any failures or practices. You, like the parties in that case and those of us who voiced opinions in that thread, are entitled to your opinion. An opinion is not the same as being "aware" of a fact.

Last thing I’ll post in this thread- yes, that is exactly how the case ended. A settlement was reached.

But a similar incident happened with this shop a couple of years before (I believe?), and PADI failed to police them up or address their issues. There have been plenty of other cases- whether that is a symptom of PADI’s issues or simply a matter of so many shops being affiliated with PADI (and, as a result, many incidents “falling” at their feet) is a topic of more discussion that I’m frankly done with at this point. I’m sure you can ascertain what I think.

This thread has exhausted itself of any usefulness now. Not going to bicker over PADI, DIR, or anything else here anymore as nothing useful has been gleaned from it. Posting this thread was a mistake.

Good day to you and everybody else- even the trolls. Safe and happy diving.

.... Or PADI totally didn’t hold a suspect dive shop accountable and attempt to distance themselves when a student got killed?

I could go on and on.

Let’s hear about how this is nonsense.

How do you know? Is it that PADI didn't do anything to hold the "suspect" dive shop accountable, or is it that PADI didn't meet your expectations of what they should have done?

But a similar incident happened with this shop a couple of years before (I believe?), and PADI failed to police them up or address their issues.

Shouldn't your evidence of this be stronger than "(I believe?)" before publishing statements of this nature?

-Z

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom