Attention MK-15 aficionados

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have red seats for the upgraded MK15, The look similar to the MK5/10 seats, but not quite the same. I have an upgrade kit to replace the original hex-key seat retainer. I'll have to count what I have; it's not many. I do have several of the bushings. I would like to find 3-4 more seats or rebuild kits and I'm sure they're floating around someplace.

I really like the MK15 and will continue using mine as long as I can. I would like to avoid getting into MK20/25s because of the expense of the rebuild kits. I could likely dive for 15 more years on my supply of MK5/10 seats.

Therefore, if one has all of the components, either retainer should work with the old or new configuration.

I have to rethink the above statement I made. The old retainer can house the upgraded seat, seal, and bushing; however the new retainer probably does not have a groove to accommodate the snap ring required to downgrade to the older seat, seal, and snap ring. How about one of you guys who still own a MK15 verify that for me?

@halocline I think @lowviz would be willing to trade a new retainer for an old one.

I don't have any of the old retainers. I have the upgrade kit with a new-new retainer, but both of my MK15s are already upgraded. I'm hanging on to the upgrade kit because it has a new seat.

I have the upgrade kit with a new-new retainer
Does the new retainer have a groove for a snap ring? I would suppose not as the upgrade kit eliminates the snap ring that held the seat in place.

Just discovered that if Bryan doesn't have any at VDH, I may be able to order Mk15 seats, PN 10.600.123 (unless they've been mislabeled). To my surprise, they're on the 2019 SP parts list!

This catalogue shows the MK15 service kit as available. Note the catalogue is from 2018. Could this be?!
upload_2019-12-19_18-34-25.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2019-12-19_18-33-35.png
    upload_2019-12-19_18-33-35.png
    165 KB · Views: 73
Sorry. Not on the 2019 SP list.
Better order from that guy's stock while you can!
20191220_092311.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom