attaching spare lights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

747pilot

Reaction score
How do you attach your spare flashlights to your D ring? Tie the SS clip to a o-ring, or use a light weight but breakable line? I'm not DIR but using the shoulder D rings as an attach point makes sense. Thanks.

Also add a couple of of 1-2" wide pieces of bicycle innertube on your webing. These are to be used as keepers for the light.

My 3rd light is just one of those UK Mini Q40's, and I don't even have it clipped. Just use the bicycle tube keeper to hold it to the webbing under my left shoulder D ring.

OE2X:
Also add a couple of of 1-2" wide pieces of bicycle innertube on your webing. These are to be used as keepers for the light.

Got any pictures of what you mean here?

Wow, I'm pretty new to diving but am interested in many of the theory's/techniques of better and safer diving I have read in the tech forums. This unfortunately is not one of them! Question?, wouldn't it be better not to create additional failure points by tying knots all over our rigs? There are many mechanical hardware options to connect clips to spg's, hoses, and backup light's eliminating the failure points created by tying knots! Although that is a good knot.

IMHO...One very simple and much more reliable way is to cut the D-ring/O-ring on the clip itself, bend it out a little, place over eyelet on backup light etc. and re crimp it....more compact, much cleaner, and much stronger. Others might include, but are not limited to small crimped SS o-rings, small key chain keepers etc. Use your imagination, but get rid of all those addition failure point knots...

My opinions expressed here are just that...you results may very depending on your willingness to think outside the box! :)

elmbruker

Cave line is utilized to attach bolt snaps to bac-up lights, SPG's, etc. as it can be easliy cut in the event of entanglement. If for some unforseen reason my spg or backup light becomes tangled or wedged on something, I want to be able to cut off the bolt snap and free myself. I'm sure other will elaborate on this issue. Besides, I would hardly call tripple wrapped cave line tied off with three overhand knotts, a failure point.

Phil

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom