Attaching Glo-toob

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I hate nite dives where divers are using strobes as tank lights. Very annoying.
Joe

Sideband:
Joe

Id agree with that. Extremely distracting.

Ive got a strobe on my wing but its for surface signalling only.

Attach it to the first stage. Above mentioned work great. If you can find a #64 rubber band they work great since they are big and stretch. Also a piece of inner tube works and usually lasts longer.

I totally agree with the strobe issue. I know of a instructor that turned a students off. The student thought he was cool since he was the only one with a strobe that he paid $$$ for. While the rest of us used the $1 chem sticks. Personally, my eyes don't adjust that quick so I am pretty much night blinded by the stupid things.

Good to know about the o-ring lube issue. I think Santa is bringing me at least one.

Sideband:
Joe

I agree with you sideband, I hate those strobes. The glo-tube can work in a non-strobe mode so they are pretty nifty.

I used a zip tie through the small ring on my tube, and hook it onto the top of my tank strap on the BCD.. not all BCD has this extra stap that allows you to hang your BCD from the tank valve while adjusting your tank strap. It's high up, nothing is obstructing it's on your gear and not the tank. Just turn it on before you dive and turn it off after. My tube is currently out of service until I get a new battery....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom